Marco Matias

Jos seem to have totally transformed his game aswell. always thought of him as a Forestieri run and defenders type. Anyone remember his Ronaldo chop he always used to do four or five times a match.

Seems like Jos is turning him into less of a fancy dan player and into more of a Reach type player.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Jos seem to have totally transformed his game aswell. always thought of him as a Forestieri run and defenders type. Anyone remember his Ronaldo chop he always used to do four or five times a match.

Seems like Jos is turning him into less of a fancy dan player and into more of a Reach type player.

Not seen much of Jos' chopper myself pal.

9 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Vintage owlstalk again pan this guy who’s running his balls off yet obsess about a waste of good wage like abdi . He was gash against forest but has been pretty decent every other game . Fair play Marco , keep it up 

Odd comparison with Abdi. Mattias has been here 12 months longer than Abdi but only managed 12 more games. 

Both have been very poor signings in my opinion and I don’t get fooled by the odd goal now and again. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Odd comparison with Abdi. Mattias has been here 12 months longer than Abdi but only managed 12 more games. 

Both have been very poor signings in my opinion and I don’t get fooled by the odd goal now and again. 

Matias cost about 1.8M pounds which is peanuts, if he plays all season and stays fit he's instantly paid off the investment. You seem a hard man to please, I hope he changes your mind by May.

Think people need to bear in mind just how little Matias has contributed while he's been here. Is it a coincidence that now he's in the final year of his contract that all of a sudden he's fit and making himself available again?

I'm pleased he's playing and contributing, but it's about time. Let's see what the next few weeks bring before we start talking him up.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Matias cost about 1.8M pounds which is peanuts, if he plays all season and stays fit he's instantly paid off the investment. You seem a hard man to please, I hope he changes your mind by May.

Maybe. Matias plays in a similar position to Ross Wallace. Wallace cost 3 times less and is 3 times the player. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Maybe. Matias plays in a similar position to Ross Wallace. Wallace cost 3 times less and is 3 times the player. 

Really? Wallace was for more one dimensional than Matias, I really liked Wallace and in his day was a top player at this level. It was sad to see his legs go last season.

Just now, Not Jon Newsome said:

Really? Wallace was for more one dimensional than Matias, I really liked Wallace and in his day was a top player at this level. It was sad to see his legs go last season.

Wouldn't go as far as 3 times the player. but some of Wallace's top performances for us far out weigh anything Matias has come up with in the last few months.

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Agree. His legs had gone. But technically one of the best footballers we’ve had at the club for a long time. 

5 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Is it a coincidence that now he's in the final year of his contract that all of a sudden he's fit and making himself available again?

Almost certainly.

No professional footballer wants to be injured, and Matias has had a really bad run of it in that sense. As happy as we fans are that he's finally stringing a run of games together, I'm sure it's nothing compared to how he feels about it.

16 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Jos hasn't turned him into anything.

Clueless Carlos has gone that's all.

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Agree. His legs had gone. But technically one of the best footballers we’ve had at the club for a long time. 

Wallace was one of the most underrated players we’ve ever had. Agree - he was a superb technical footballer. Always turned up in the big games. Some fans just look at pace, especially when looking at a winger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Yes wouldn't disagree with that, I feel they are two totally different type of player though. Wallace was more your Chris Brunt type of winger, great player for us and pound for pound one of our best signings, Matias has more tactical diversity and athleticism, can play as a winger, an inside forward or even as a second striker. If he stays fit he's one I'd definitely keep, let's hope he doesn't break down again.

The past is the past. It's what he can do now that matters.

I said to my mate before the game that I thought we needed a big performance from Matias today. Even when he scores, as he did against Stoke, he needs to be involved far more than what he has been mostly. His work-rate in all these games this season has been high, but as an attacking outlet he's only been doing it in flashes.

To be fair though he was very good today. I thought he played well against Millwall too but I think he bettered that today.

He can take a lot of confidence from today, and let's hope he can push on from here.

40 minutes ago, Jowl said:

I think he's generally in and out of the game a bit too much. Good finisher though and has pace. A run of games can only be good for him. Can make things happen - if he's on form

Exactly lets see what he is like after 20  games and good on going coaching could prove the potential we have seen in flashes. ..not teeth by the way!

45 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Imagine trying to mark him with that gleaming white grin flashing about the pitch. You'd have nightmares

lol

When Jedinak applies oil to his beard in the mirror tomorrow he will still see those pearly whites smiling behind him 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Haha 2

Matias adapted to needs of thee team, and to what Jos obviously wants from him. To his credit, he completly changed how he played for most of his career and proved as a real fighter and one of hardest working players in the league.