Marco Matias

Think it's time to give some credit, this is a man who's suffered horrendous injury problems over the past 2 years, been written off on here and by a lot of supporters, but has come back this season and has 100% earned the shirt. We've all known he's got talent but for other reasons never had the chance to show it, now he's in the team, joint top scorer, running his blood to water every week and constantly looking to get in behind the opposition defence. I think he actually didn't play as well as he can today, some bad decision making but he ran his b0llocks off and took his goal very well. His record in the Portuguese top flight was incredible, such a shame we've not had him over the last few years.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tank_owl said:

He's done ok this season but wasn't impressed with his application on Wednesday so slightly surprised to see him start.

He was pretty anonymous on Wednesday, but no worse than the rest of the front 3.

Actually his application in general is what's impressed me most with him; he works extremely hard tracking back, something which Jos clearly rates him for.

• Like 1

He's just proof of the damage Carlos was doing to this squad. 

I'll hold my hands up. I have absolutely slated Marco Matias for a very long time but I have to say this lad, with a proper manager behind him and fitness support, could actually prove to be a top player. 

Looks like I may have been wrong about him and I love it

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, vulva said:

I don’t rate him. Never have. Not strong enough for this league and has done very little in his time here. 

His goals record isn't bad considering the games he's played. Very little in his time here is down to injuries, which is why he deserves credit for coming back with such a good attitude to do well for the club. 

It was a good finish today won’t take nothing away from him in that respect 

long term though I think he’s a bit lightweight for this league, if he gets 7/8 goals this season he will have done well 

with FF back and hopefully Hooper at some point I think he will struggle for games 

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

His goals record isn't bad considering the games he's played. Very little in his time here is down to injuries, which is why he deserves credit for coming back with such a good attitude to do well for the club. 

All about opinions. He gets injured because he hasn’t got the physicality required for this league. Nothing against the bloke, took his goal very well, but I just don’t rate him. 

29 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Think it's time to give some credit, this is a man who's suffered horrendous injury problems over the past 2 years, been written off on here and by a lot of supporters, but has come back this season and has 100% earned the shirt. We've all known he's got talent but for other reasons never had the chance to show it, now he's in the team, joint top scorer, running his blood to water every week and constantly looking to get in behind the opposition defence. I think he actually didn't play as well as he can today, some bad decision making but he ran his b0llocks off and took his goal very well. His record in the Portuguese top flight was incredible, such a shame we've not had him over the last few years.

And he's got that goal against Leeds in his locker as well. 

Thankfully he got a second chance under Jos

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Seems like he's now 'learning the league' as they say. Seems to.be making better runs off the shoulder of the defenders and I have a feeling once Bannan starts to pick those runs a little earlier he could earn himself more opportunities.

For me I actually thought today was his best performance although I agree he still makes some poor decisions, but then so does Forestieri 

I expect to get negged but I don’t think he’s a really good player. His performance levels over the last 3 games haven’t been good but he’s managed to get 2 goals. Fair enough.

Joao is a better player and Nando is our marquee forward player. 

Given his goals he will retain his place for the Leeds game but there will be other attacking players chomping at the bit to replace him. I expect him to lose his place shortly. However, I am pleased that he’s back from injury and providing a contribution to the team. 

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

He got pancaked doing a (good) run on the right against forest and I knew he wouldn't show again.

If he had some dog in him he could be an amazing player.

I remember him getting sent off / brought off against Benfica in a freindly two years ago. Didn't he get sent off against Fulham also?

Both involved rash challenges where he tried to exact revenge.

If anything he's probably had to tame the dog.