Tom Lees

And just think how many partners has he had so far this season?

Van Aken

Pudil

Thorniley 

Hector

Plus playing in a back 3 and a back 4 with a different right back next to him every game too. 

He’s a top quality championship defender.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Hopefully playing with hector alongside him it will bring out his best again had a tough time but he’s had kids around him 

Absolutely this.

Lees is twice the player when he’s got an experienced head beside him. His best form was always alongside Loovens and Pudil.

Maybe Hector can be that partner he’s needed and that’s in no way any disrespect to Thorniley 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

This seemed to be the difference today. Second half Hector was playing further forwards in a sort of deep holding role and gave the kind of protection Hutch used to give a couple of seasons back. 

Think we will see a lot of that back 3 going forward and especially the deep holding role you mentioned that Hector played at times. but thats more of him stepping forward out the back 3. won't be playing him there in a 4-4-2 for example.

8 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Absolutely this.

Lees is twice the player when he’s got an experienced head beside him. His best form was always alongside Loovens and Pudil.

Maybe Hector can be that partner he’s needed and that’s in no way any disrespect to Thorniley 

Hector perfect for the three. May see Lees / Thorniley if it is a two. To me Jos seems like a man coming up with a lot of plans for lots of different situations.

Let's just hope none involve him employing Bannan and Onomah in deep holding positions away from home again.

lol

Edited by pazowl55

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Hector perfect for the three. May see Lees / Thorniley if it is a two. To me Jos seems like a man coming up with a lot of plans for lots of different situations.

Let's just hope none involve him employing Bannan and Onomah in deep holding positions away from home again.

lol

Joking apart if you have too many plans and try and be too flexible ,especially if you are doing it because of the way the opposition play then a Forest type performance is always possible.

Players need to be comfortable and confident in the roles they are asked to do and if you keep asking them to do different things a disaster is always possible.

I would like to think after today we will never see  Reach play again in that stupid position he played at Forest but I wouldn’t bet on it.

1 hour ago, Ibbo48 said:

Absolutely this.

Hector had a steady full debut but his experience shone and this allowed Lees to feel more confident which really showed. Thorniley for me is the natural successor to Pudil on the left if we go back to three CBs