Villa Highlights from Sky

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

For those watching this for this time thinking their goal was sensational watch it on the football league show tonight I watched a live link I’m pretty sure was from that show and one of the reply angles was from behind their player facing our goal it was absolutely sheer class it actually bends around our defender right into the top bin off the bar how he got it round and there baffles even messy and ronaldo could try it 100 times and not pull it off defiantly a goal of the season contender 

but it we won so Hahahaha

Comes off his shin though doesn’t it ? 

• Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm waiting for the anti-dawson brigade to pop up in the Westwood thread to say how we didn't keep a clean sheet etc etc

Kin ell Neil, Dawson could have put his hat on it. His starting postion was poor, he was slow off his line, didnt organise correctly. Westwood would have caught it with his K.. B :biggrin:

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Again I'm a critical b@stard... but Baker and arguably moreso Pudil at fault for their goal and made mistakes that shouldn't be made at this level... especially not in succession like that. Two really bad defensive headers. Neither are being challenged yet we get a header looped across our 6 yard box and then the second one from Pudil headed out straight down the middle of the pitch. You've got to head the ball away and wide there, not away and straight down the middle of the pitch to come right back at you. Still... pretty much the only downer on what was a phenomenal performance... and yeah fair enough, it did still take the goal of the season to break our defensive line which sorta tells its own story

Nowt wrong with Pudils header got some good distance. Sometimes you just have to say take a bow son great goal. 

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Again I'm a critical b@stard... but Baker and arguably moreso Pudil at fault for their goal and made mistakes that shouldn't be made at this level... especially not in succession like that. Two really bad defensive headers. Neither are being challenged yet we get a header looped across our 6 yard box and then the second one from Pudil headed out straight down the middle of the pitch. You've got to head the ball away and wide there, not away and straight down the middle of the pitch to come right back at you. Still... pretty much the only downer on what was a phenomenal performance... and yeah fair enough, it did still take the goal of the season to break our defensive line which sorta tells its own story

A bit harsh to apportion any blame on Pudil. I expect Baker will realise he dropped a clanger heading the ball across his own box. In fairness to Pudil he got decent distance on his header, unluckily for us the Villa player will probably never score a better goal in his life, take a bow young man.

26 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

That goal they scored was one of the best goals I have seen in a long time, poor defensive header on our part but we still came away with the 3 points and that’s all that matters :-) 

Was it really any better than Bannan's v millwall That was one of the best goals i'd seen in a long time (at hillsborough)

Edited by DELUDED OWL