Penney

deano

Gerrim signed up, first time I've seen a full game live and Penney was ridiculous. Doesn't get ruffled,  always looks keep the ball in tight situations by going for the megs or the double drag back.

Left their players looking like buffoons. 

Shame we have Bannan and Pessy in front of him on dead ball duties....

10 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

Needs offering a deal now and a good one, him and Thorniley are our future defence wise all we need is a leader in the mould of Lyons or loovens unfortunately lees good a player as he is isn’t a great organiser . I also think baker has a future he just needs time. Different players develop at different speeds 

they certainly do but that may not be easy with the FFP restrictions, i'm not sure how it works but you'd think they are only allowed to spend so much on wages when they got the embargo lifted and what with BB& joao getting new deals and loans of hector & onomah we could well be close to the limit .....I think they missed a trick by not offering him the length of contract they gave thorniley . 

• Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria
26 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

Maybe when Penney was 17/18/19 he wasnt quite good enough yet. 

Maybe when we signed Wiggins and Fox, Penney wasnt quite good enough. 

Maybe the professionals know more than people on owlstalk. 

Maybe. 

Sometimes I wonder if they really do. I mean Carlos had more badges than a scout master but he couldn't see we needed pace for 2 years.

3 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Sometimes I wonder if they really do. I mean Carlos had more badges than a scout master but he couldn't see we needed pace for 2 years.

What pace do we have now that we didn’t in Calos’s Tenure? Have I missed a new signing or two? 

And if I haven’t missed those new signings have you missed fact that over last twenty or so games we’re on automatic form? 

I could not agree more with Standino that the first question at the next Presss Conference should be about extending Penney's deal.

We are hugely vulnerable at the moment to a predator or snake agent.

Also worth asking about Thornily, Dawson., Wildsmith and maybe Preston too.