Penney

deano

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Pretty much all my comments from the match thread are repeated in here.

Yes, he’s a proper footballer.

Yes, he will be a big premiership star.

I suspect at some point not far off, we’re going to have to fend off big bids for him.

Fingers crossed he isn’t poached by one of the robbing Premier league outfits loaded up with Sky money

I hate to say this but he may well be the answer to our FFP woes if we don't go up. Everyone has been saying it has to be FF, Baz and /or Reach to go. We may be able to keep the lot of them if this lad keeps improving. 

if I was his agent I wouldn't be letting him  sign a new contract here ….he's going to be a hot property at this rate and  to be able to  leave for just a tribunal fee and him and his agenting pocketing a huge signing on fee must be very appealing …... 

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

if I was his agent I wouldn't be letting him  sign a new contract here ….he's going to be a hot property at this rate and  to be able to  leave for just a tribunal fee and him and his agenting pocketing a huge signing on fee must be very appealing …... 

Yes mate you can feel it coming as well .What a prospect ,Be a bargain signing for any club .

3 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Yes mate you can feel it coming as well .What a prospect ,Be a bargain signing for any club .

Just imagine if Carlos had any clue, we would have saved some good money we spent on fees and wages of Wiggins and Fox, and we would have Penney with lot more experience under his belt.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, malek said:

Just imagine if Carlos had any clue, we would have saved some good money we spent on fees and wages of Wiggins and Fox, and we would have Penney with lot more experience under his belt.

he must have had some clue he gave penney his first pro  contract …….as for wiggins and fox, penney was just a very junior player when they signed but don't let that stop you sticking the knife in …….

Quickly becoming one of my favourite players.  

He just keeps getting better and better.

How far he can develop and improve is anyone's guess.  

I will put him down for a goal against leeds.  

You know it's coming and this is the game to do it.  

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he must have had some clue he gave penney his first pro  contract …….as for wiggins and fox, penney was just a very junior player when they signed but don't let that stop you sticking the knife in …….

It wasn't Carlos who gave him contract, and Penney was back then better then those two, and deserving of a chance to prove what he can do.

1 minute ago, malek said:

It wasn't Carlos who gave him contract, and Penney was back then better then those two, and deserving of a chance to prove what he can do.

no he wasn't he had barely turned 17 when we signed wiggins ………..who was the manager then when penney signed his first pro contract ?

It's odd that we'd not seen Penney in the first team before this season though.

He's been with us right from the juniors and when someone doesn't make even the bench before being 20 it's almost inevitable that they'll be released at the season's end, and even if they do make an appearance it'll be obvious that they're quite limited.

Absolutely not so with Penney though. I don't think I've ever seen a player come up through our ranks and be this good despite being 20 before they make the first team.

Hard not to be critical of CC for not involving him whilst still here. He only left 10 months ago after all, and God knows left back had long been a problem position for him beyond his first season with us.

12 minutes ago, malek said:

100%.   Great post fella 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Think offering him a new deal now is a bit of a double edged sword.

If we don't, makes a bigger possibility we might lose him for cheap (or nowt).

if we sign him, he may think "That's it, I've made it" and go backwards a bit.

If his attitude is right that won't happen.

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

no he wasn't he had barely turned 17 when we signed wiggins ………..who was the manager then when penney signed his first pro contract ?

And I'm telling you that he was ready to get a chance. In any case better then signing couple of poor back up left backs. How can anyone stand up for signing of those two is beyond me...

And what if Carlos was manager when Penney signed his first pro contract ?! It is not him who offered him deal, or recommended him for one.