Penney

deano

8 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He just looks a proper footballer and I have no doubt he will be a premier league player. Hopefully, it will be with us.

just pray that he doesn't end at somewhere like Chelsea.That club sums up for me what is absolutely wrong with football in regards to Youth Development.:tango:

Don't sell him, of course 1st Tier sides are already sniffing, got to keep him at SWFC, not as a hostage, but because he wants to be at SWFC.  He could very well be part of a promotion this year, or next, and the Club could then afford to give him a raise in pay.  Already he's being noticed by the opposition on game day, they can't stop him so they trip him up and take the foul, if indeed the foul is even called.

Pretty much all my comments from the match thread are repeated in here.

Yes, he’s a proper footballer.

Yes, he will be a big premiership star.

I suspect at some point not far off, we’re going to have to fend off big bids for him.

Fingers crossed he isn’t poached by one of the robbing Premier league outfits loaded up with Sky money

I’d previously said I wouldn’t do any contract movement until January but actually I’ll change my mind here and would look to get Penney extended for a couple of years. 

Needs to replicate that bravery and confidence in a 4, and when he doesn’t have an experienced player behind him.

Great performance 

Cracking prospect. Fantastic energy, great feet and he’s only going to get better with more games in the championship. Even more satisfying that it’s our system he’s come through. If he can work on the defensive side which will come with experience we’ve got a rate player on our hands. Our full back slots could be sorted for years if he and Baker stick around. 

• Thanks 1