What do you expect?

19 hours ago, Blue and white said:

You dont get it do you, we have to go up this season, even DC has come out and said we are fizzed if we dont go up.

We will not be building anything next season, the vultures will pick off our best players for pennies because we have no choice but to sell and we will be struggling to stay in this league.

A lot of our players are out of contract end of the season anyway. They will be going. Also, jusf because DC has said we need to go up means squat. We wont with the squad we have. The puzzling transfers over the last two seasons have put paid to that. Next season will be a rebuild whatever division we are in, which incidentally i think will be this one.

21 hours ago, Blue and white said:

You dont get it do you, we have to go up this season, even DC has come out and said we are fizzed if we dont go up.

We will not be building anything next season, the vultures will pick off our best players for pennies because we have no choice but to sell and we will be struggling to stay in this league.

He does get it, the fact is that we need a miracle but it's no good taking it out on Jos or his players if we don't get there. He is doing fine with the hand he has been dealt.

The frustrations should be directed at Chansiri being a slow starter, the fault lies with him and his team, those directing operations in the 1st 2 years of Chansiri's tenure.

No other manager could magically guarantee us the top 6 or promotion spots in these circumstances with this squad, we have to make do with what we have now and next season as a result and hope to be surprised.

Only 2 pts off the play-offs despite the meltdown post Wednesday night. All we can do is back the team and not worry too much about what is out of our control.

22 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

After the predictable meltdown I'd just like to ask what fans are expecting from Jos Luhukay and this team, for me this team is a mid table side which should achieve a finish somewhere between 9th and 14th. Reasons being- 

1. Jos has had no money to spend over two transfer windows now, to address the glaring issues within the squad that were not addressed during the previous 3 seasons under different management. Because of this he has bravely turned to youth players and has helped bring through two of the best young talents we've had in a long time in Thorniley and Penney. 

2. Because of this lack of investment over the last 2 windows (Not the chairman's lack of wanting, I understand we have to adhere to rules) we have actually gone backwards. We are a weaker side now than when we finished 6th and 4th as other sides have strengthened and gone past us, Forest being a prime example. The stink kicked up after their team of multi million pound stars beat us was pathetic, they'll be top 6 minimum.  

I think it's time fans realised this is a transitional season, we are blooding youngsters who will hopefully end up being first team fixtures by the end of the season, as well as waiting for a lot of the big earners who aren't contributing what we pay them to run their contracts down, giving us more mobility in the transfer market next season. 

Thoughts.

How can we view this as a transitional season. The Chairman, EFL have all initimated we are up sh8te street without a paddle if we dont get promotion. We have obviously breached the FFP in a big way so its all or nothing. EFL dont just throw embargos about like confetti. Non promotion will set us back 2,3 possibly 4 years. 

23 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

For me, and great summary from the op btw. I just want us to turn a performance in.

We aren't getting promotion, I can't see how. Ill happily take mid table.

I'm more interested in what comes next season and how we cope with it.

That's what I want turn up, have a go. See where it takes you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CLswfc said:

How can we view this as a transitional season. The Chairman, EFL have all initimated we are up sh8te street without a paddle if we dont get promotion. We have obviously breached the FFP in a big way so its all or nothing. EFL dont just throw embargos about like confetti. Non promotion will set us back 2,3 possibly 4 years. 

Which is why I'm more interested in what the plan is. Because we won't go up.