What do you expect?

3 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Forest being a prime example. The stink kicked up after their team of multi million pound stars beat us was pathetic,

Forest will not finish top 6, no way.

I think it's time fans realised this is a transitional season, we are blooding youngsters who will hopefully end up being first team fixtures

transitional: belonging or relating to a change, or the process of change, from one form or type to another.
Being in a mess and changing from a mess to a complete foookup.

Relying on hope that the young players will be good enough is the same as hoping we go up this season

giving us more mobility in the transfer market next season. 

We ain't got no money next season so it will be loans. DC hinted we are foooked if we don't go up and I guess he was being optimistic.

Good OP.

I think what's happened is a dawn of realisation on a number of fronts, not least from a chairman who's realised the approach which went before, is not going to yield the result he/we so desperately wanted.

His answers at the recent fans forum is probably about as honest an assessment as you'd get from a chairman, admitting he was culpable towards the position, and asking the fans to stick with him.

The positive, and I believe is BIG positive, is that we've now entered into a phase with the club where we'll look from within at players coming through the youh ranks who are proving they have real promise and could go on to be great assets to the club.

I believe we needed to head towards another watershed moment at the club, move away from the idea of signing 'big name' players on inflated contracts when we weren't really competing with other clubs for their signatures, and build a foundation that the fans/players alike could connect with - that's what I now believe we have the basis of.

This season may be a tougher one than we'd hoped for but when was anything ever guaranteed in football? 

I still believe we can finish much higher than 9th.  

Play offs at the very least would be my minimum expectation.  

If we don't make it I will grin and bare it.  Next summer transfer window is going to be massive, especially when you consider the amount of high earning players contracts which run out.  

6 minutes ago, Ronio said:

If we don't make it I will grin and bare it.  Next summer transfer window is going to be massive, especially when you consider the amount of high earning players contracts which run out.  

I believe one day I'll win the lottery, there is absolutely no chance we'll be anywhere near the play offs. This will be one of those incredibly boring mid table seasons, not got enough to compete at the top and far too good to battle relegation.

5 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I believe one day I'll win the lottery, there is absolutely no chance we'll be anywhere near the play offs. This will be one of those incredibly boring mid table seasons, not got enough to compete at the top and far too good to battle relegation.

Absolutely no chance?? Quite a bold statement that, and one which I do not transcribe to.

8 hours ago, Ronio said:

There's nothing wrong with being optimistic, and I hope you're right, but in my view we have no chance of the play-offs.

I think that there are at least six teams in this division who are better than us.

There's one across the city, and one up the M1 for a start.

To be honest, to have any hope of a top-six finish we would need a manager of a similar calibre to whom those two have, one who can get significantly better results than expected from the players he has.

Unfortunately, Jos doesn't fall into that category.

The last one we had who could do that was Gray.

And Chansiri sacked him.

:Chansiri:

Edited by Athelwulf
spelling

The one across the city that haven't spent mega bucks and arguably have no better/worse squad than we have. Why is then Top 6 an acceptable target for them but not for us? Our personnel isn't the reason why we wont challenge for the top 6.  

2 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

The one across the city that haven't spent mega bucks and arguably have no better/worse squad than we have. Why is then Top 6 an acceptable target for them but not for us? Our personnel isn't the reason why we wont challenge for the top 6.  

They're at the very top of their game, we are at the bottom of ours supposedly. We are 2 points behind them 

I think we'll get somewhere between 12th-16th

we've won 3 games this season against 3 of the bottom 4

we've played 2 half good teams in stoke and forest and been lucky to get a point out of that

the real test comes in the next 4 fixtures against the good teams in this league

you also need to be picking points up away ,we've got got 3 out of a possible 12 so far

18 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Forest don't have a team of stars - our squad is way better than theirs......

Really?

I seem to recall that the goals they scored against us came from a striker with a recent Premiership history and a big money highly rated Portugese U21 international. If only we could afford £ 13 million for a single player......

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Captain said:

I don’t expect Wednesday to win all the time.  I do expect players to try and put the effort in.

The total lack of bottle and leadership in the Forest performance was the most concerning issue for me.

Worringly we’ve seen quite a few performances like this over the past 12 months. 

3 hours ago, GerOwl said:

yeah it is.

While we may have multiple options up top that are good enough,  the rest of the team is way off. especially in defence. 

as for the pigs, it seems our strength is their weakness and visa versa. 

they would go well if they could pinch 2 or 3 of our strikers. probably so would we if we could pinch 2 or 3 of their defenders.

My predictions are:-

1. Bottom half/midtable team till Xmas

2. Some of the best players come back into the team in jan, Westwood, Hooper, Lee, Abdi, Winnall - and we have a comfortable end to the season 

3. Sell the most valuable assets in the summer and raise £25m+, I.e. Bannan, Thorniley, Penney, FF, Joao 

4. Rely on young players next season like Jack Lee, Preston and Kirby 

5. Not quite good enough so relegation scrap next season 

B Regards,

K. Meire 

:CEO:

19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think that's the most accurate summary of the situation I've read in a while

Perfectly summed up

And it's basically what Jos and the Chairman have been trying to tell us over and over since the end of last season

There's never been any talk of promotion or trying to finish top 6

Good summary that mate - fully agree with every word of it

Yet the Chairman’s saying we are in serious trouble if we don’t go up this season?