What do you expect?

46 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

We've had a pretty settled side last half dozen games or so, unless jos has rested someone. 

Maybe resting penney, Joey and palmer didn't help, but offencivly we've been pretty consistent, reach, joao, matias with either fletcher or Nuhiu up top centrally. 

Since Palmer and Penney have been our full backs and more importantly Pelupessy has sat next to Bannan in midfield we have looked a totally different team.

Think he knows this and probably wanted to give them all a much needed rest. Perhaps he didn't think they were that important to us.

But he sure knows now after the forest game and I expect all three to play every week going forward now unless injured.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I think that's the most accurate summary of the situation I've read in a while

Perfectly summed up

And it's basically what Jos and the Chairman have been trying to tell us over and over since the end of last season

There's never been any talk of promotion or trying to finish top 6

Good summary that mate - fully agree with every word of it

Didn't DC say at the fans forum we are in big trouble is we don't get promoted this season ? 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

He did

But I think fans have taken from that in their minds that this means that we will definitely be promoted

The two things are totally seperate

So there has been talk of promotion from the chairman ? 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I think that's the most accurate summary of the situation I've read in a while

Perfectly summed up

And it's basically what Jos and the Chairman have been trying to tell us over and over since the end of last season

There's never been any talk of promotion or trying to finish top 6

Good summary that mate - fully agree with every word of it

Chansiri said we had to get promotion, so there has been talk!

Just now, Fuzzy logics said:

I expect us to not get relegated.

I expect the manager to set a team up to win and coach and develop the squad.

And for £60,000 to £100,000+ a month I expect whoever plays to be puking up when they come off the pitch from giving everything they have got.

The amount of money you pay a player doesn't (and never has) dictate how much they run around

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The amount of money you pay a player doesn't (and never has) dictate how much they run around

Correct, it's all about a players mentality and also their style of play. Some players can also look lazy by their style of running even though they aren't lazy, Pogba at Manchester United has that lazy look to him.

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

After the predictable meltdown I'd just like to ask what fans are expecting from Jos Luhukay and this team, for me this team is a mid table side which should achieve a finish somewhere between 9th and 14th. Reasons being- 

1. Jos has had no money to spend over two transfer windows now, to address the glaring issues within the squad that were not addressed during the previous 3 seasons under different management. Because of this he has bravely turned to youth players and has helped bring through two of the best young talents we've had in a long time in Thorniley and Penney. 

2. Because of this lack of investment over the last 2 windows (Not the chairman's lack of wanting, I understand we have to adhere to rules) we have actually gone backwards. We are a weaker side now than when we finished 6th and 4th as other sides have strengthened and gone past us, Forest being a prime example. The stink kicked up after their team of multi million pound stars beat us was pathetic, they'll be top 6 minimum.  

I think it's time fans realised this is a transitional season, we are blooding youngsters who will hopefully end up being first team fixtures by the end of the season, as well as waiting for a lot of the big earners who aren't contributing what we pay them to run their contracts down, giving us more mobility in the transfer market next season. 

Thoughts.

you could actually say the last 3 windows since we did owt to our team. as the one before was (if i remember correctly) when we bought winnall & Rhodes. and so far, between them they have brought nowt to add to the team.

none of them have featured or 

Excellent OP

We are what we are and therefore where we are,at this present time.

Most have got to admit that following Wednesday is never easy and we have hit this financial problem to often in the past.

I dont enjoy the off field activities in football anymore,money as spoilt the game full stop.

But as a fan/supporter of the club,i go and enjoy the match day experience,as much as i can,without the feeling that we should win every game.

My only hopes for this season is that who ever wears our shirt gives 100% ,and we do not get embroiled in a relagation fright.yes fright!

No way will we be a top 6 team,but i hope we can finish nearer 6th than 14th.

I support my team not the board or whoever pulls the purse strings,remind me of politicians,want your vote but dont care after.

Uto