Forest thoughts

Onomah looked decent. Out of position but he was looking for clever passes. Yes some got cut out and he gave the ball away, but he was trying to break the lines and if he was doing that in his position further up no one would mind. 

Fox was absolutely shocking and very surprised to see multiple people praise his performance. Penny twice the player already.

Thornily is a beast and Lees looks a shadow, what a shame.

Clearly we need at least 1 holding midfielder. Should we revert to 3 in the middle if we are constantly loosing midfield battles? Are we more attacking just because we have 2 people instead of 1 located closer to the opposition goal, if we are totally dominated in midfield and cant create nay chances? Would it be worth playing Joey behind Bannan creating and Onomah box to box?

Joao did look disinterested last night, but i don't think he has done generally. In fact his work rate has been pretty good recently. I think he was frustrated last night by a lack of quality around him.

Jos put it in the players heads that they shouldn't look for Bannan as much as they do. I think this got in Bannan's head. He was still our best player, but not quite as effective last night.

Reach's worst performance in a Wednesday shirt. 

Nuhiu isn't good enough. 

Joao needs to play through the middle.

My team:

Westwood

Baker        Lees          Thorn          Penny

Joey

Onomah       Bannan

Reach                                            Matias

Joao

3 in the middle:

Its a numbers game, and its fairly simple. 

Restrict the amount of times the opposition gets through our midfield, means it gets through our defence less often, means it gets through our keeper less often. 

2 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Onomah looked decent. Out of position but he was looking for clever passes. Yes some got cut out and he gave the ball away, but he was trying to break the lines and if he was doing that in his position further up no one would mind. 

Fox was absolutely shocking and very surprised to see multiple people praise his performance. Penny twice the player already.

Clearly we need at least 1 holding midfielder. Should we revert to 3 in the middle if we are constantly loosing midfield battles? Are we more attacking just because we have 2 people instead of 1 located closer to the opposition goal, if we are totally dominated in midfield and cant create nay chances? Would it be worth playing Joey behind Bannan creating and Onomah box to box?

Joao did look disinterested last night, but i don't think he has done generally. In fact his work rate has been pretty good recently. I think he was frustrated last night by a lack of quality around him.

Jos put it in the players heads that they shouldn't look for Bannan as much as they do. I think this got in Bannan's head. He was still our best player, but not quite as effective last night.

Nuhiu isn't good enough. 

My team:

Westwood

Joey

Onomah       Bannan

Joao

3 in the middle:

Restrict the amount of times the opposition gets through our midfield, means it gets through our defence less often, means it gets through our keeper less often. 

Agree with the 3 in middle and I’ve been banging that drum for a while. 

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Agree with the 3 in middle and I’ve been banging that drum for a while. 

Its just the obvious way to play. Its so simple to just say, put more players closer to their goal, play 2 strikers, its more attacking. its the analysis of a 3 year old in the school play ground. It shows no understanding of the game.

If you don't control the game, if you cant get the ball to your strikers by controlling the game, you can play as many strikers as you want, you will loose 8 out of 10.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Nuhiu isn't good enough. 

My team:

Westwood

Joey

Onomah       Bannan

Joao

3 in the middle:

Westwood will not play for SWFC again, so not sure why you have put him into the starting 11! People need to accept this whether they like it or not.....

1 minute ago, James1986 said:

Westwood will not play for SWFC again, so not sure why you have put him into the starting 11! People need to accept this whether they like it or not.....

fair play, I just think he's much much better than the other two. I am amazed we haven't loaned him out. I don't know, I'm very sentimental when it comes to football when I know is dumb. I feel for him in the sense that he's never been the number 1 for Ireland and he should have been their undisputed keeper his entire career really. 

13 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Nuhiu isn't good enough. 

My team:

Westwood

Joey

Onomah       Bannan

Joao

3 in the middle:

Agree with most of this. The big point Joao needs to play through the middle. Weather in a front 2 or 3 Joao should play centrally.

Thought Onomah looked good don't agree with out of position tho think that is his position will look a lot better when we has other passes on than Bannan and Thornley.

Thornley is our best CH. Lees is not. Agree 100%

I know your reasons for picking Westwood but for me Dawson is doing fine and the least of our problems. Think we should get behind him.

Reach should be dropped last 2 games he's been very poor and for me shouldn't play centrally.

7 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree with most of this. The big point Joao needs to play through the middle. Weather in a front 2 or 3 Joao should play centrally.

Thought Onomah looked good don't agree with out of position tho think that is his position will look a lot better when we has other passes on than Bannan and Thornley.

I know your reasons for picking Westwood but for me Dawson is doing fine and the least of our problems. Think we should get behind him.

Reach should be dropped last 2 games he's been very poor and for me shouldn't play centrally.

8 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

one of the most frustrating goalie performances i can remember seeing, obviously told by Jos to fanny around with it at the back and 'build' , but it patently didnt work putting defenders under pressure and bringing on a press. Dallying around when we have 2 minutes to get an equaliser instead of showing some urgency. Jeese 

15 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

fair play, I just think he's much much better than the other two. I am amazed we haven't loaned him out. I don't know, I'm very sentimental when it comes to football when I know is dumb. I feel for him in the sense that he's never been the number 1 for Ireland and he should have been their undisputed keeper his entire career really. 

I agree, he is better. He should also have been loaned out/ sold rather than left to rot! All very strange!

32 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Nuhiu isn't good enough. 

My team:

Westwood

Joey

Onomah       Bannan

Joao

3 in the middle:

Crazy how you’d still have reach, matias and Joao, the least attacking and potent midfield three in the league 

Joao is stupidly overrated by a lot of people on here. His body language is poor as is his decision making, Ive never seen anyone run with the ball like he does, like he’s running with it for the first time, absolutely no close control 

Reach as I said last night is like a hamster on a wheel going nowhere and Matias is starring in a new marvel called the invisible man 

We need people who can play football, not just athletes 

4 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

one of the most frustrating goalie performances i can remember seeing, obviously told by Jos to fanny around with it at the back and 'build' , but it patently didnt work putting defenders under pressure and bringing on a press. Dallying around when we have 2 minutes to get an equaliser instead of showing some urgency. Jeese 

I agree but he was obviously under instruction to do so. So cant blame him.

Every single time we had two CH on the corner of the box, full backs 5 yard ahead of them and the two CM on edge of box in centre.

Tactical not goalkeeper error

38 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Nuhiu isn't good enough. 

My team:

Westwood

Joey

Onomah       Bannan

Joao

3 in the middle:

Reach needs to be on the left, not right

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Crazy how you’d still have reach, matias and Joao, the least attacking and potent midfield three in the league 

Joao is stupidly overrated by a lot of people on here. His body language is poor as is his decision making, Ive never seen anyone run with the ball like he does, like he’s running with it for the first time, absolutely no close control 

Reach as I said last night is like a hamster on a wheel going nowhere and Matias is starring in a new marvel called the invisible man 

We need people who can play football, not just athletes 

Not that many other options. Fully fit I would possibly have:

Reach         Joao         Fessi

Maybe             Fessi

Joao              Hooper

Or  Joao         Hooper .       Fessi

I think Joao has played well, offers something different, can win a game for us. Has pace is strong, scores some goals. I don't think he's the greatest player we've ever had, but he's probably our best number 9. Especially until Hooper proves he's still got it after his time out.

He didn't have his best game for us lsat night, but the whole team was shocking. He was visibly frustrated, no passes on and passes to him were poor. Out of position when uhiu was doing very little through the middle. I think your being a little ahrsh but I see kind of where you are coming from.