How did we make them look so good

Well not good, but good enough to beat a spineless Wednesday outfit. Forget the poor individual performances, and there were plenty of those. That performance was shaped by our managers timid tactics. Practically every game it’s the same, we surrender the initiative to the opposition Yes, sometimes we get away with it, but why make it so hard for ourselves. His timid approach drives me bonkers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well not good, but good enough to beat a spineless Wednesday outfit. Forget the poor individual performances, and there were plenty of those. That performance was shaped by our managers timid tactics. Practically every game it’s the same, we surrender the initiative to the opposition Yes, sometimes we get away with it, but why make it so hard for ourselves. His timid approach drives me bonkers

Cant disagree with any of that.

The manner in which you lose is important. It is for the fans, especially those that have travelled and, so it should be for the manager.

Sounds old fashioned but I’d be absolutely furious. They'd be on the bus without a shower tonight - or Greno woods tomorrow.

Totally lack lustre - they couldn't be bothered.

I thought Forest looked average - I’d be really annoyed if I were the manager.

We lost 2-1. We weren't battered. Forest are a decent side in a wide open Championship. We're a work in progress, looking to consolidate. We're not going to be top 2. We're not going to be top 4. We will absolutely be nowhere near relegation. We will have an outside chance at top 8. We'll most likely finish upper mid table. Go with our realistic ambitions, and there are plenty of positives to take, rather than than the hysterical nonsense that tends to follow a defeat. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hotten Owl said:

We lost 2-1. We weren't battered. Forest are a decent side in a wide open Championship. We're a work in progress, looking to consolidate. We're not going to be top 2. We're not going to be top 4. We will absolutely be nowhere near relegation. We will have an outside chance at top 8. We'll most likely finish upper mid table. Go with our realistic ambitions, and there are plenty of positives to take, rather than than the hysterical nonsense that tends to follow a defeat. 

No excuse for lack of effort.

Some of those players won’t need their kits washing.

I can accept a lack of ability - but not a lack of effort.

That was shocking.

1 minute ago, Hotten Owl said:

I know what we are, but Forest were there for the taking, if we’d only put our foot on the gas. Yes, we weren’t battered, and looking at the teamsheets, a narrow defeat at Forest, isn’t that bad However, as with a few times this season, with a bit more ambition, we could have taken the points 

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

No excuse for lack of effort.

Some of those players won’t need their kits washing.

I can accept a lack of ability - but not a lack of effort.

That was shocking.

I watched on Ifollow. Didn't see any lack of effort. Granted it might have looked different if you were there?

Because we are having to play the kids (sorry i mean 'give youth a chance'), because we were under a transfer embargo until very very late in the transfer window, because Forest have spent a lot and have a seasoned manager at the helm, because we had to rely on a league one level left back to step up, because 3 of our key player (lee, hooper, forestieri) are all unavailable.

Put some perspective in your pipe and smoke it instead of the crack. 

Forest are decent, we're a struggling club top to bottom, but we are still grinding out results and performances, it's just not possible against every team and especially not with 3 very tough games in 7 days. 

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Too reyt. That was poor

10 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Cant disagree with any of that.

The manner in which you lose is important. It is for the fans, especially those that have travelled and, so it should be for the manager.

Sounds old fashioned but I’d be absolutely furious. They'd be on the bus without a shower tonight - or Greno woods tomorrow.

Totally lack lustre - they couldn't be bothered.

I thought Forest looked average - I’d be really annoyed if I were the manager.

I prefer old fashioned, tell it how it is instead of this blind hope that because we have got FF and Bannan we are too good to be down in a relegation fight, cos that's where we are going to end up.

Just now, Hotten Owl said:

I watched on Ifollow. Didn't see any lack of effort. Granted it might have looked different if you were there?

Thank goodness I wasn’t there. Those days of watching that effortless tripe are long behind me.

You travel full of hope - and watch them go trough the motions.

Very reminiscent of an away trip to Brighton with Dave Jones as manager. Many others - too numerous to mention.

Players not trurning up collectively really drives me mad.

Im not a bad loser and don’t expect to win every game - but tonight was unacceptable to me.

I thought Forest were extremely mediocre. Which makes it worse.

My biggest issue tonight was we surrendered possession until they ventured into our half...so frustrating.

Whenever we had the ball 4 Forest players were pressing the ball in our half.

The Number 1 thing we did well when Carlos joined in his first season was hunt in packs and pressure the ball, it gave players like Bannan space to play and took pressure off our defenders.

Missing FF tempo he brings when we haven’t got the ball.

Very pedestrian tonight with better teams to come :sad:

What annoys me the most is that were two goals down and we INSIST on playing it back or across the back four! We have two of the biggest players up top....why not go long! What's the obsession with not just us but most teams in playing it on the floor. Go long,  if we don't win the first ball then some Fu$$3r win the second or third!!! Least we're in there half and not pi$$i&g about at back still! 

2 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

What annoys me the most is that were two goals down and we INSIST on playing it back or across the back four! We have two of the biggest players up top....why not go long! What's the obsession with not just us but most teams in playing it on the floor. Go long,  if we don't win the first ball then some Fu$$3r win the second or third!!! Least we're in there half and not pi$$i&g about at back still! 

I can sort of see your point.  It's like England. I think it's the way to progress.  But players need to know when going long is the right option. Also there's nonppiny just lumping it. It needs to be with a purpose like putting it into the channels for Lucas or Mathias to run on to, ither wise it looks dreadful and gets the crowds back up.

Again, like England it will only get better with time and practice with the system that inevitably means there will be bumps along the way. We don't need to be so black and white.  There's plenty of grey area in between.

Too deep, passive, and messing about with the ball in our own 3rd. It's a set up that often makes the opposition look better than they are. 

Genuinely can't understand why we do it.

If you have a player like Joao playing on the last man, then you at least have a potential outlet. But we had Nuhiu up there and Joao playing on the left wing, often inside our own half and receiving the ball with his back to goal with 2 players on him. 

Plenty of poor individual performances tonight, but it's almost understandable because the first half set up gave them no chance to impose themselves on the game.