• Thorniley
    • Matias
    • Bannan
    • Nuhiu
    • Reach
    • Joao
    • Pudil
    • Fletcher

Best I've seen Fox play for us - Thornley looked fantastic too until he went off, Dawson made some crucial saves in second half. Hope the goal is credited to Fletch as he needs one in to help his confidence I think. Other than that no real high points in that game. 

• Like 1

Dawson    -    6    No chance with goals but iffy distribution and needs to come out and command the high ball more than he does

Baker    -    5    I have not changed my opinion that he is not ready for this level just yet

Lees    -    6.5    Did OK

Thorniley    -    7.5    Very impressive again, and his distribution is improving too.

Fox    -    6    Still a league 1 player for me, but no dramas tonight did ok

Bannan    -    7    kept trying, kept probing

Reach    -    3     Took some stick for marking him low on Saturday, and was pulled up earlier in the matchday thread for saying he was lucky to start tonight...…….but for my money he was atrocious again, weak , wasteful , anonymous...…….if Pelupessy had played like that he would have been slaughtered.

Onomah    -    6    Strange mixture...…...some nice passing and a few forceful runs, but in all honesty was probably at fault for both goals.

Matias    -    5    Needs to get involved MUCH more than he is doing, was expecting better quality on the ball....has too many "nearly" moments

Nuhiu    -    5.5    Had a good first half and worked very hard, but poor second half, wasted a glorious chance, and an awful pass when we were looking dangerous on the break led to their second.

Joao    -    5    One of those frustrating performances where it was more miss than hit

SUBS

Fletcher    -    6.5      Gave us some drive

Pudil    -    5    Looked rusty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, malek said:

While on the pitch Thorniley was our best player by far, and in my opinion only good bit today (until Fletch came on).

Same, Jordan passed the ball really well first half and wasn't troubled defensively, made a really good intervention to snuff out danger early 2nd half too.

Joao showed glimpses first half but poor second. Matias and Reach non-existent - more so Reach for losing tackles that were 70-30 in his favour a few times.

3 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Dawson    -    6    No chance with goals but iffy distribution and needs to come out and command the high ball more than he does

Baker    -    5    I have not changed my opinion that he is not ready for this level just yet

Lees    -    6.5    Did OK

Thorniley    -    7.5    Very impressive again, and his distribution is improving too.

Fox    -    6    Still a league 1 player for me, but no dramas tonight did ok

Bannan    -    7    kept trying, kept probing

Reach    -    3     Took some stick for marking him low on Saturday, and was pulled up earlier in the matchday thread for saying he was lucky to start tonight...…….but for my money he was atrocious again, weak , wasteful , anonymous...…….if Pelupessy had played like that he would have been slaughtered.

Onomah    -    6    Strange mixture...…...some nice passing and a few forceful runs, but in all honesty was probably at fault for both goals.

Matias    -    5    Needs to get involved MUCH more than he is doing, was expecting better quality on the ball....has too many "nearly" moments

Nuhiu    -    5.5    Had a good first half and worked very hard, but poor second half, wasted a glorious chance, and an awful pass when we were looking dangerous on the break led to their second.

Joao    -    5    One of those frustrating performances where it was more miss than hit

SUBS

Fletcher    -    6.5      Gave us some drive

Pudil    -    5    Looked rusty

Looks about right to me, would have to be a 5 for Onomah for me though, as you say there were signs of what he might be capable of but his mistakes were a big part of why we lost.

1. Dawson -6 - 
  2. Baker - 6 -
  3. Fox - 7 -
  4. Lees - 6-
  5. Thorniley - 7-
  6. Matias - 6 -
  7. Bannan - 6 -
  8. Onomah - 6 -
  9. Reach - 5 -
  10. Nuhiu - 6 -
  11. Joao - 6 -
  12. Pudil -6 -
  13. Fletcher - 7 -

No shockers amongst them but equally no player that got hold of the game for us.

Forest have some quality across the middle of the park, we allowed them to stroke it around far too much at times in the 1st half and they hurt us with it.

My one and only gripe with the way we are approaching games is not going out to show what we do well, we stand off and atempt to work out what the opposition are going to do. Cannot keep falling behind in games and chasing like we are, more so when we are still waiting to have our full compliment of strikers back to really trouble the opposition.

Not enjoying seeing Joao do more defensive work than up the other end of the pitch, that's probably frustrating him as well. 

Jos needs to look at giving it a bit of a shake up by taking a couple out of the team that aren't in form.

• Thanks 1

Dawson 7

Baker 5

Lees 4

Thorniley 5

Fox 4

Bannan 6

Onomah 5

Reach 2

Joao 4

Nuhiu 4

Matias 4

Pudil 5

Fletcher 6

Poor performance all in all. Couldn't get anything going up front. Joao looks weirdly short of pace and his control was poor, Nuhiu was innefective today, Reach was simply awful, I wouldn't be surprised if his pass accuracy was down at 10%. Matias tries but doesn't affect the game enough. Onomah kept getting caught with the ball and gave away a stupid foul for their first. Thought Baker was ok but made mistakes, Thorniley did well and Dawson made a few good saves.

Frustrating game really as we had no pressure on their goal to speak of. 5 minutes to go and we're passing it around at the back with Nuhiu, Fletcher and Reach up front???? Needs must at the end of the game. Anyway, we are where we are, a mid table team, winning some losing some. On to Saturday.

3 minutes ago, trotter said:
  1. Dawson -6 - 
  2. Baker - 5
  3. Fox - 6
  4. Lees - 6
  5. Thorniley - 7
  6. Matias - 4
  7. Bannan - 6
  8. Onomah - 4s
  9. Reach - 3
  10. Nuhiu - 6
  11. Joao - 5
  12. Pudil - 5
  13. Fletcher - 6

Strange that you negged Atty comment during the game but give him second highest joint rating BUT tend to agree with your ratings.

Maybe just got a heavy neg finger eh..............

Tough to find an MoM tonight.

But Bannan had an ok game whilst most others were poorish.

Dawson 6 did what he could.

Baker 5 needs confidence to move forward rather than check back

Lees 6 ok

Thorniley 6 looks better and better coming out with the ball

Fox 5 a bit lost 

Bannan 7 hate him left rather than CM but better than the rest

Onomah 6 shockingly naive for the foul. Strong as an ox. No creativity.

Reach 4 hopeless as RM. 

Matias 5 poorest game so far. Ineffective but at least tried and stated on his feet.

Joao 5 Bambi-like And needs to be stronger

Nuhiu 5 very poor tonight.

Fletcher 7 showed more effort in 20 minutes than Joao, Matias and Nuhiu combined

1. Dawson -5

2. Baker-4.5

3. Fox-6

4. Lees-6

5. Thorniley-7.5 mom

6. Onomah- 6.5

7. Bannan -6.5

8. Reach -5

9. Matias- 5.5

10. Nuhiu -5

11. Joao - 6

12. Fletcher - 6.5

13. Pudil -5.5

I thought we looked like there was no leaders on the pitch, the ball didn’t stick enough in the second half with atty and it was putting us on the back foot a lot, Thorniley looked good and his passing was better, Never thought I would say it but we missed Palmer big time!.  Don’t think that all the youngsters are ready apart from Thorniley and Penney, it’s not the end of the world we have some quality players coming back in next few weeks 

24 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Strange that you negged Atty comment during the game but give him second highest joint rating BUT tend to agree with your ratings.

Maybe just got a heavy neg finger eh..............

No idea of what you refer corky! I must have caught something fat fingering during the game!