Nuhiu

he's just one of those bigged up by the fans cult figure sort of players you get now and again without being really that good,Big Dave's a nice likeable guy that that counts for nothing on the pitch...

we should have been aiming a lot higher rather than renewing his contract....

Just now, steveger said:

we should have been aiming a lot higher rather than renewing his contract....

Given that we were placed under transfer embargo shortly after that deal was signed, who should we have been looking at for the cost of a £0 transfer fee and no bigger salary that would have represented a significant improvement? 

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Given that we were placed under transfer embargo shortly after that deal was signed, who should we have been looking at for the cost of a £0 transfer fee and no bigger salary that would have represented a significant improvement? 

i could have had a go, cant run as too fat and got asthma, but probably still as fast as Big Dave.....

they must have lost my number or summat though ...:wacko:

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I'm not ..

Did you see what he did on Saturday against Stoke ?

Won Corners Free kicks the sublime "waddle" pass to the new loan kid who was too busy watching the polish girl Tòssing her boyfriend off with the baggy shorts on the kop .

Because he never saw the slide rule pass coming to him from the big useless lump you all call him ...

I don't see much love towards a guy who's bust his gut for our club 

But lots of love for others who currently aren't in the team aren't fit to draw a wage nor wear the shirt with an owl badge on it ....

Great Post.

Nuhui played a huge part in us staying in this division last season and it's taken how many minutes for so many to rip him to pieces again, loyal servant gives 100% and is effective more often than not. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I'm not ..

Did you see what he did on Saturday against Stoke ?

Won Corners Free kicks the sublime "waddle" pass to the new loan kid who was too busy watching the polish girl Tòssing her boyfriend off with the baggy shorts on the kop .

Because he never saw the slide rule pass coming to him from the big useless lump you all call him ...

I don't see much love towards a guy who's bust his gut for our club 

But lots of love for others who currently aren't in the team aren't fit to draw a wage nor wear the shirt with an owl badge on it ....

Good post but I don’t buy this busting a gut stuff, with him or any other player. They are paid to do a job, and paid well 

12 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Didnt see the stoke game so won’t comment, as for the four games I have seen, if he was busting a gut in those then the criteria for busting a gut must be strolling around the pitch looking uninterested. 

Im not knocking him for what he did last season, the simple fact is he is nowhere near that standard this season and if you think he is then your wearing blue and white tinted specs mate 

So we are batting with the same ball what games have you seen him play in then?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Nobody would have been better. Already over loaded with attackers. We should try and sell him in January or even give him away on a free transfer

11 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

With the number of attackers at the club, and the financial constraints, allowing him to leave would have been the obvious thing to do - and had he not hit that purple patch, that is exactly what would have happened.

Hopefully, the club will learn from this and offer contract renewals/extensions based on their contribution at the football club, not the last dozen games of a season when the player is desperately trying to earn a contract.

1 hour ago, hatcheeks said:

Nobody would have been better. Already over loaded with attackers. We should try and sell him in January or even give him away on a free transfer

As things stand at the moment, not re-signing Nuhiu would have left us with Joao, Fletcher (still returning from months out and injury prone anyway) and Forestieri (not really suited to the centre forward role in Luhukay's preferred formation). At a push Matias (another with an extensive record of absence) could be considered as well. Hooper might be ready in a couple of weeks but how confident are we he'll be available the rest of the way? Winnall could be fit in a month or two but what of the rumours about his attitude and the dispute with Forestieri?

That can hardly be described as 'over loaded'.

1 minute ago, acquiescefc said:

Essentially we the fans did. 

I was not one of those fans you are talking about.

In fact of the five of us who drove to Nottingham last night none of

wanted him at the club. But then what do I know, I am

just one of those who went to Forest last night.