Nuhiu

36 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Did you watch the game?

We were breaking forward, all this Championship forward had to do is play a pass inside to 3 runners, he played it behind them all, Forest broke on us while we were out of shape and scored their 2nd goal.

If they don't score the 2nd then we walk away with an undeserved point.

Do you understand now?

So your saying the EXACT same pattern of play would’ve occurred had he found a man with the pass?:blink:

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think Nuhius good form at the end of last season was as much about the way the team around him was playing too.  He hasn't got the mobility of Fletcher.  The loan role is something that I think he struggles with. I think it's a trap to think that is a role for him just because of his size.

His run last season was as much down to the fact he had Joao orbiting around him as his own effort.  Reach wasn't really getting near him tonight. 

If we do decide to rest Fletcher now and again and play Nuhiu I'd rather see him played in a two if he is to be effective for us. 

I thought the defence wasn't too bad overall. Fox I thought was ok. Lees won a lot of headers and Thorniley was my Man of the match. 

Just a shame we gave a needless free-kick away. And the second is a simple give an go. Two midfield errors to my mind. 

I know what you are saying though. There isn't the organisation there once was.  

Though his body was shot,  Loovens voice at least, is being missed back there. 

Spot on.

No general directing things.

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I agree with your second point. I just see Atty as a gap filler.

Likeable bloke, a real trier. But that's it.

Im sure there are others, but he's the only Wednesdsy player  I've seen shoot and it go out for a throw in. Although somebody tried  at Ipswich last season.

But whilst ever he's trying, I'll get behind him.

I sometimes think playing him is detrimental, and does more harm than good 

In his place could be a striker whose quicker, more agile, better at finding players and linking play 

Nuhiu might salvage you a last min point from time to time which is great in its own right and there’s a time for that, But we need to start games with intent and purpose 

Just now, hawksmore said:

But you are doing just that, using the correct barometer for you to justify your own narrative. It's the same thing. You could look back over his whole career at clubs where he was starting games overall, you could similarly look back at his average ratings too. Rather than just look back at a small number of games as you are doing. 

If it is based on stats, then it's not prejudice either. That's just a bit silly to make such a claim, unless you don't understand what the word means or how to use it within the correct context. 

Dig the trench, jump in and then defend the position with your life.

:dry:

One poster made the point that a striker should score goals. Personally, I think that's a spectacularly simplistic viewpoint, but he chose it, not me. Not only does Nuhiu have a huge edge for a quite lengthy recent period, but the scoring rates for him, Fletcher (and Joao) are very similar for the last 3 years. So how far do we have to go back until it is legitimate?

Nuhiu, as usual, is facing an enormously disproportionate level of criticism when compared to his colleagues.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

We're not holding a high line under Jos..it's severely limiting all our forwards dwell time in and around the box.

He can't really do his best the way we are setting up this season.

Btw I don't enjoy watching him play but I don't like the extreme reactions about him that are put out by us punters.

Agree.

No dedicated threads about other individual players tonight who had worse performances, only Atty yet again.

Neal, you opened a can of worms here mate.

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

One poster made the point that a striker should score goals. Personally, I think that's a spectacularly simplistic viewpoint, but he chose it, not me. Not only does Nuhiu have a huge edge for a quite lengthy recent period, but the scoring rates for him, Fletcher (and Joao) are very similar for the last 3 years. So how far do we have to go back until it is legitimate?

Nuhiu, as usual, is facing an enormously disproportionate level of criticism when compared to his colleagues.

100% spot on.

• Thanks 1

If we're being objective no one was that poor or very good as a whole team. 

The midfield 3 never won the most important battle in the game (most important area of the pitch, where games are too often won or lost). 

Or fullbacks where all to often isolated and exposed. ( can't single out fox for once, solid enough, but unspectacular). 

The front 3 just never looked like a unit?, absolutely no cohesion between them, too far apart, hardly managed to string a pass together... 

They had some really experienced and good footballers in there, but on paper, not that much better. 

They were just more organised and better as a unit than we were, we on the other hand looked disjointed most of the times and the good team work over the last few games seemed to not be there tonight. 

1 minute ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Agree.

No dedicated threads about other individual players tonight who had worse performances, only Atty yet again.

Neal, you opened a can of worms here mate.

I've noted that you haven't highlited my killer tactical point...as for Neil ... social media is a harsh world.. but this site isn't.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm not defending anything, i am just asking you to think a little more about your own replies as they're contradictory. You are the one defending a position, i haven't stated mine.

I've just asked how long we do go back to compare and why your barometer is the correct one to judge a player. Which as yet, you've flustered along without actually offering any justifications for your own preferences. 

You talk about 'spectacularly simplistic viewpoint' but look here you are, offering nothing but meaningless words to justify your stand point. Throw some stats up, legitimise 'your' <20 games measure of success and let's go from there, but it's ok if you just want to waffle on again and avoid any meaningful discussion. 

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Short Short Memories here ..

This bloke helped prevent league one Football at Hillsborough this season..

I'm surprised how many know about so little about football on here ...

When you get the inevitable backlash... I'll help out by reminding everyone..that you started it.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, richowl said:

So your saying the EXACT same pattern of play would’ve occurred had he found a man with the pass?:blink:

Where have I said that?

If he had played the ball in front of the 3 midfield runners or even to feet then we wouldn't have got countered.

We conceded from a very promising position because of his terrible pass.

Now you don't judge players on one pass or one mistake, I am talking about his overall game.

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

When you get the inevitable backlash... I'll help out by reminding everyone..that you started it.

Thanks I appreciate your effort.

Don't let this distract you from your music project ..

Prioritise Prioritise Prioritise 

That's the Metronome again FFS .....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

3 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Where have I said that?

If he had played the ball in front of the 3 midfield runners or even to feet then we wouldn't have got countered.

We conceded from a very promising position because of his terrible pass.

Now you don't judge players on one pass or one mistake, I am talking about his overall game.

‘If they don't score the 2nd then we walk away with an undeserved point.

35 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Players contribute to the overall performance, we couldn't really get out tonight because Nuhiu couldn't get hold of the ball.

When we did look dangerous he gave the ball away, all our attacks were slow.

If Fletcher started today we wouldn't have got beat.

I am not an Atty hater, I just think he's out of his depth.

Again, don't disagree but to point the finger at one guy is wrong.

Just now, hawksmore said:

I'm not defending anything, i am just asking you to think a little more about your own replies as they're contradictory. You are the one defending a position, i haven't stated mine.

I've just asked how long we do go back to compare and why your barometer is the correct one to judge a player. Which as yet, you've flustered along without actually offering any justifications for your own preferences. 

You talk about 'spectacularly simplistic viewpoint' but look here you are, offering nothing but meaningless words to justify your stand point. Throw some stats up, legitimise 'your' <20 games measure of success and let's go from there, but it's ok if you just want to waffle on again and avoid any meaningful discussion. 

You had the framework of that reply ready before I typed a thing didn't you? 

As I said, the poster I replied to set the parameters of goal scoring, not me. Not only have I referenced the last 15 months (yes, that is most favourable to Nuhiu but that is hardly a secret is it?) but also the previous 36. That is varied and specific, despite your haughty (and factually inaccurate) lecture. I'm sorry I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of every statistic from the formation of the football league to hand. But even if I did, your self-righteousness would be such that you'd just split a different hair wouldn't you?

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Thanks I appreciate your effort.

Don't let this distract you from your music project ..

Prioritise Prioritise Prioritise 

That's the Metronome again FFS .....

I've had to unplug the bontempi to get the heater on...the multiplug was glowing so it's on hold.

As an artist.. I find this incredibly frustrating.

1 minute ago, richowl said:

‘If they don't score the 2nd then we walk away with an undeserved point.

Ok, I am confused, the quote above is pretty straight forward to understand, if Forest didn't score 2 goals and only scored 1 goal, then the game finishes 1-1. Meaning we walk away with a point we probably didn't deserve.

Nuhiu giving the ball away in a very good position (we had players committed forward) leading to their 2nd goal cost us a point.