Nuhiu

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

W

3 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Maybe there is something in it then.

I can count on one hand how many times I have seen him play well, tonight was shocking.

ho did you think did play well tonight?

Really doesn't matter Snoots.

The Atty haters are out in force, it's all his fault.

He was the keeper who never moved  and let a guy head a ball from 2 yds out.

He was in defence and stood and watched NF players stood on their own in our area tapping the ball about

Pathetic.............

Just now, hawksmore said:

Why only the last 15 months though, is it maybe because that's how you now choose to judge strikers bit it fits your narrative?

Well the statistics for Nuhiu starting games was (from memory) something like 4 in 16 months before that, so he wasn't likely to be scoring many was he?

In any event, you can't use scoring goals as your barometer and then ignore the numbers that are heavily in Nuhiu's favour lately. That's just prejudice.

2 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Really doesn't matter Snoots.

The Atty haters are out in force, it's all his fault.

He was the keeper who never moved  and let a guy head a ball from 2 yds out.

He was in defence and stood and watched NF players stood on their own in our area tapping the ball about

Pathetic.............

Players contribute to the overall performance, we couldn't really get out tonight because Nuhiu couldn't get hold of the ball.

When we did look dangerous he gave the ball away, all our attacks were slow.

If Fletcher started today we wouldn't have got beat.

I am not an Atty hater, I just think he's out of his depth.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

The defence hasn’t been able to defend a cross into the box for about 4 years and this season seems even worse, every time the ball goes into our box from out wide we look like conceding. But eyyyy that’s not what we are talking about, Nuhiu is certainly not putting in performances like he did at the back end of last season and anyone who doesn’t wear blue and white blinkers can see that. 

As a club man he is brilliant but to deny his form has dropped is just pure crackers

I don't think anyone is saying he had a great game tonight. More the fact he has a dedicated thread about his poor game when 6 or 7 others seem to be being overlooked.

And when the entire defeat is getting placed on his shoulders it does seem that you're right about the blinkers being worn. 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

The defence hasn’t been able to defend a cross into the box for about 4 years and this season seems even worse, every time the ball goes into our box from out wide we look like conceding. But eyyyy that’s not what we are talking about, Nuhiu is certainly not putting in performances like he did at the back end of last season and anyone who doesn’t wear blue and white blinkers can see that. 

As a club man he is brilliant but to deny his form has dropped is just pure crackers

Not saying that mate and take your point and I certainly don't wear blinkers.

But there were worse performances tonight but finger pointed at Atty by some is my beef.

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Nuhiu is a striker you play if you’re battling for your lives at the bottom of the table. Fletcher is 3 times the player and always has been 

With the loan striker role being such a demanding one I think it's highly likely that Fletcher  was being held back for the Villa game.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Well the statistics for Nuhiu starting games was (from memory) something like 4 in 16 months before that, so he wasn't likely to be scoring many was he?

In any event, you can't use scoring goals as your barometer and then ignore the numbers that are heavily in Nuhiu's favour lately. That's just prejudice.

Nar then statto, just watch the f'kin game.

Nuhiu was abysmal, when you have watched it come back and tell me what positives there was from his game tonight.

Like I say, slowed down everything, couldn't get hold of the ball, shocking technique.

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Listen 3 out of the 4 games I have seen your right he is t the only poor performer. I think we are in for a tough season still whilst some have been getting carried away. 

However nuhiu for me stand s out more because he was trying so hard the back end of the season compared to his effort this season. 

I do however agree, he isn’t the biggest issue, for me our defence simply can’t defend balls into the box which means we have to score a minimum of two goals per game to win a football match. Collectively that comes down to the defence and keeper and for me we seem to have a similar problem we had when Grant was our keeper, we have a good shot stopper in goal right now but he can’t organise the back four/five and he is awful at commanding his area.  

We would see a significant improvement if we played Westwood. However we all know that won’t happen and that is criminal. 

I think Nuhius good form at the end of last season was as much about the way the team around him was playing too.  He hasn't got the mobility of Fletcher.  The loan role is something that I think he struggles with. I think it's a trap to think that is a role for him just because of his size.

His run last season was as much down to the fact he had Joao orbiting around him as his own effort.  Reach wasn't really getting near him tonight. 

If we do decide to rest Fletcher now and again and play Nuhiu I'd rather see him played in a two if he is to be effective for us. 

I thought the defence wasn't too bad overall. Fox I thought was ok. Lees won a lot of headers and Thorniley was my Man of the match. 

Just a shame we gave a needless free-kick away. And the second is a simple give an go. Two midfield errors to my mind. 

I know what you are saying though. There isn't the organisation there once was.  

Though his body was shot,  Loovens voice at least, is being missed back there. 

Nuhui wasn't good enough when we signed him 4 seasons ago , I'm not sure any other championship club would have kept hold of such a limited player for so long. He's looked half decent on the odd occasion but has never been good enough for this level imo.

Just now, Sgt Wednesday said:

We were 2nd best all over the pitch, against a poor Forest side.

So we were against Stoke on Saturday didn't turn up for 60 mins 2 goal start absolute tripe. But come 5pm we were magicians Jos was a genius ..

I saw nothing tonight any different from Saturday .

It didnt work tonight tuff titties

Get over it move on ...

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Nuhiu is a striker you play if you’re battling for your lives at the bottom of the table. Fletcher is 3 times the player and always has been 

I agree with your second point. I just see Atty as a gap filler.

Likeable bloke, a real trier. But that's it.

Im sure there are others, but he's the only Wednesdsy player  I've seen shoot and it go out for a throw in. Although somebody tried  at Ipswich last season.

But whilst ever he's trying, I'll get behind him.

11 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

But you are doing just that, using the correct barometer for you to justify your own narrative. It's the same thing. You could look back over his whole career at clubs where he was starting games overall, you could similarly look back at his average ratings too. Rather than just look back at a small number of games as you are doing. 

If it is based on stats, then it's not prejudice either. That's just a bit silly to make such a claim, unless you don't understand what the word means or how to use it within the correct context. 

Just now, Sgt Wednesday said:

...my concerns are if he plays the majority of this season we will be in the bottom half...

For the first half of last season it was Rhodes, Hooper and Fletcher up front most of the time and we were drifting towards the bottom of the table. Only when we had little choice but to use Nuhiu and Joao consistently did results start to improve towards the end.

There were obviously many factors in all of that outside of just those players, but it just shows how inconsistent any viewpoint can be made to look without too much effort.

We're not holding a high line under Jos..it's severely limiting all our forwards dwell time in and around the box.

He can't really do his best the way we are setting up this season.

Btw I don't enjoy watching him play but I don't like the extreme reactions about him that are put out by us punters.