Westwood

5 hours ago, Daniel The Owl said:

Westwood would of not stopped either goal tonight, what’s everyone crying about?

Dont underestimate how much a good communicator and organiser can improve a back 4. It’s not just about making saves.

We’ve been all over the place defensively all season.  

• Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

There are quite a few people like that on this site.

Must admit i have occasionally done it. Was also man enough to admit i was childish and wrong for doing it. 

1 hour ago, JC3 said:

Dont underestimate how much a good communicator and organiser can improve a back 4. It’s not just about making saves.

Spot on.

The longer we keep leaking goals, the louder the calls for Westwood, and more questions will be asked as to why he's sitting at home on huge wages.

1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

Last night and every game we concede, so massive pressure on attack.

Westy must be on some contract for this shambles.

Doubt it’s got anything to do with his contract, it’s never going to be accepted by the majority of the fan base but he just hasn’t been chosen as No 1

4 hours ago, JC3 said:

Did not think we were all over the place last night but that first goal was from a header from the edge of the goal area!

I think Dawson and Wildsmith will both be very good keepers in time. 

Problem we have at the moment is that our back 4 and keeper is way too inexperienced or not good enough for where we need to be. We have Dawson, Thorniley and Penney who are kids. Palmer is doing ok and working hard but he’s limited and he’s nowhere near a top championship player. 

Maybe if Westwood was in nets that would give more security to our inexperienced back line. Don’t underestimate the power of an experienced keeper who has got good organisational and leadership skills.

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Doubt it’s got anything to do with his contract, it’s never going to be accepted by the majority of the fan base but he just hasn’t been chosen as No 1

And how many competitive games has Jos seen him play? Behave.

He must be on a £10 k a match win bonus , or sumat.

Westwood’s obviously finished at Wednesday, forget about him. Sooner he’s gone now the better. Every time we get beat there will be comments everywhere about how Dawson’s not good enough and Westwood should be back in. Dawson’s a bloody good young keeper who’ll have a very good career. Let’s get behind the lad. 

10 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Westwood’s obviously finished at Wednesday, forget about him. Sooner he’s gone now the better. Every time we get beat there will be comments everywhere about how Dawson’s not good enough and Westwood should be back in. Dawson’s a bloody good young keeper who’ll have a very good career. Let’s get behind the lad. 

Dawson's great but for medium term. And who''ll be next player Chansiri sends to wilderness?

We can't carry on like this and no one will buy Westy now, except for peanuts.

I remember at the end of the Norwich game last season (Dec 9th), he was going crackers on the pitch at someone and Bannan had to pull him away and down the tunnel.

He's not been seen since. Wonder if owt kicked off in the dressing room after that game which meant no way back?

Guest Willow Owl
5 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Spot on.

The longer we keep leaking goals, the louder the calls for Westwood, and more questions will be asked as to why he's sitting at home on huge wages.

Only by those who cannot accept Westwood is no longer our number 1, no matter what the reasons are. Wages should never mean a player is guaranteed his place no matter what they earn.

They had 4 shots on target last night and scored 2. The goals were bad defending and nothing to do with the keeper, Westwood or no Westwood. Time we moved on and backed young Dawson instead of trying to pick faults in every game he plays. Forgive me if im wrong but how many glaring errors has he made. 

56 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Only by those who cannot accept Westwood is no longer our number 1, no matter what the reasons are. Wages should never mean a player is guaranteed his place no matter what they earn.

They had 4 shots on target last night and scored 2. The goals were bad defending and nothing to do with the keeper, Westwood or no Westwood. Time we moved on and backed young Dawson instead of trying to pick faults in every game he plays. Forgive me if im wrong but how many glaring errors has he made. 

It's not glaring errors nor stunning saves that count but often things you only hear.

Shilton said you don't become a top keeper until late 20's.

And Westwood was 'injured' not dropped - tell me when he had a poor game?

17 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

It's not glaring errors nor stunning saves that count but often things you only hear.

Westwood was absolute dog meat against the pigs at home, should’ve done a lot better with 3 if there goals. He was also poor against Brentford (I think) where he gave them a goal messing about at the back with the ball

19 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

To be fair the last dozen games he played before he was officially injured he seemed to struggle a good few times.

The reason for this may well have been he was carrying an injury already though.