Westwood

43 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Still don't understand the modern fan who feels it is his right to know every detail of what happens at the club. Get over it. We are doing OK without him. He is not the difference between our current position and the top two.

Don't think anyone is saying he is the difference between where we are and the top 2. Don't think anyone is saying Dawson is doing a bad job either but we could be doing better with him - not a certainty but having a keeper with experience might help add more stability and organisation to a jittery defence. If there was a long-term plan not to play him - which seems to have been the case given how little the manager took the opportunity to look at him in pre-season - then we should have done a better job of moving him on. Given how tight the finances have been for some time, we shouldn't be in a position where we are paying the 3rd choice keeper probably one of the highest wages a goalkeeper is getting in this division. 

Let's hope we keep our first league clean sheet of the season tonight.

Edited by Guest

Let’s face it if he was that highly thought of and he genuinely is still our best and one of the best in championship then WHY DID NO ONE PUT A BID IN FOR HIM OR LOAN??!!! He’s obviously either passed his best or his injury record puts teams off like Ireland squad cause of his injuries?? 

12 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Let’s face it if he was that highly thought of and he genuinely is still our best and one of the best in championship then WHY DID NO ONE PUT A BID IN FOR HIM OR LOAN??!!! He’s obviously either passed his best or his injury record puts teams off like Ireland squad cause of his injuries?? 

How do you know they didn't and maybe we left it too late to move him on when clubs who potentially might have wanted him realised we are paying him more than most at this level - they didn't want to match it and he didn't want to take a pay cut.

3 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

If the Owls are in 6th place after tonight’s game and Dawson has a blinder, this thread will be dead in the water, and looking at the other fixtures it’s a real possibility, I’m going for a 0-1 win for the Owls. :luhukay:

No it’ll be bumped by the ‘told you so’s’. way it works on here 

Edited by FreshOwl

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How do you know they didn't and maybe we left it too late to move him on when clubs who potentially might have wanted him realised we are paying him more than most at this level - they didn't want to match it and he didn't want to take a pay cut.

Good point never thought of that wel whatever the case I’m the same now as what I was like hearing about fess all time and that’s bored lol decision has been made lol why can’t we move on and trust Dawson and Wildsmith I’m happy with them both and younger and cheaper lol 

1 minute ago, Lomas613 said:

Good point never thought of that wel whatever the case I’m the same now as what I was like hearing about fess all time and that’s bored lol decision has been made lol why can’t we move on and trust Dawson and Wildsmith I’m happy with them both and younger and cheaper lol 

Indeed they are, still paying Westwood though aren't we!

10 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's insulting to be told it's a footballing decision, when it blatantly isn't.

We've spunked 30 million on shiite though, so what's a couple more million in wasted wages ? The season ticket holders can pay a bit more to cover it off.

This guy. Every time he's negged, he looks up one of your old posts and returns it :duntmatter:

7 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

The reason why Westwood should be playing is to help marshall this defence.

8 games no clean sheets.

Time for the youngsters to sit some games out.

Westwood in goal

Palmer Lees Hector Reach/ Pudil as a back 4!

What has Dawson done wrong tonight?

Ps WESTWOOD WILL NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN IN OUR FIRST TEAM

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Still don't understand the modern fan who feels it is his right to know every detail of what happens at the club. Get over it. We are doing OK without him. He is not the difference between our current position and the top two.

As the supporters pay key money to sustain the club, they ought to be informed more than they are.

It's not a club with support to spare; our supporters need encouraging to feel part of what goes on.

Just now, victorturner said:

As the supporters pay key money to sustain the club, they ought to be informed more than they are.

It's not a club with support to spare; our supporters need encouraging to feel part of what goes on.

That's just a different way of repeating the same thing. Quite rightly, you are not entitled to know certain things that are not in the club's best interests to reveal. Get over it.

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

That's just a different way of repeating the same thing. Quite rightly, you are not entitled to know certain things that are not in the club's best interests to reveal. Get over it.

If it's very sensitive, like thumping the manager, I understand but not if it's more mundane. Of course it may be simply that the manager thinks he is past his best and there may be nothing to add.

38 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Nothing but 8 games and no clean sheet something has to change.

we won't see Westwood unless a new manager comes in!

Yeah maybe we could start defending ??  

Dawson is more than capable for me 

Think people are missing the point regarding dawson hes performed decently in every game so far just as fox and baker were both decent today. Players of westwoods standard bring something extra they demand more from players around them and save things they have no right to.