Westwood

2 hours ago, Guest RobbieOwl said:

Until the club come out and give a reason as to why Westwood is no longer being considered for selection, then we will continue to debate, Saying he is 3rd choice and the way Jos said it, was obvious there is something going on.

FF must feel a bit peed off if Westwood has done anything wrong, they called FF out live on sky lol  

Jos is a pro and keeps it in house.  The last guy was a joke, prone to bleatings at pressers.  There's the difference.

1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

Of course, I'm looking mid - term not just next game.

And he didn't play that much last season.

We have conceded way more goals too this season.

Hector in will also be a big help. 

That’s what I don’t get, last seasons spell of 18 games isn’t enough to judge Westwood but this seasons spell of 7 is plenty to judge Dawson. 

Anyhow, I’m sure as time goes on our defence and clean sheets will improve. 

Has Dawson done anything wrong/badly? Not as I see it - one of the top performing GKs this season with saves. 

Could Westwood do better with this inexperienced defence? difficult to confirm! 

Does it send out the wrong message to our team if players get in on their reputation? Yes. 

Understand where OP is coming from as Westwood is very talented and the best we’ve had for years, and we have him until January at least!

My opinion would be with the right attitude shown by Westwood in training etc and at the right time (should Dawson lose form) then that’s when we should consider him coming back to the team. For now we are winning and Dawson is playing well so we continue as we are. 

As Watson above indicates, it's not what just you see from a keeper but the intangibles.

Verbals, marshalling defence, checking play in front and moving players.

And if we wanna relay on stats, Westy's official ranking - as he tweeted - is still above our kids, even from Siberia (which only Chansiri  fathoms).

Also, feel loanees are gonna have a big impact , too.

31 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

You are saying that you would want a better player benched and the lesser talented player playing instead? Where's the logic in that?!

there is no logic in it if all your interested in  is the now  but if you want to build summat that will last longer then you have to invest in the younger element …...carlos got slaughtered for not playing the young players as he believed the experience route was they way to go …..jos it seems sees things differently and probably realises we aint going to progress playing players like jones boyd,the 2 that left Wallace & loovens,  the injury prone who cant string 10 games together  so it makes sense to see if the younger players can cut it ...some will and some will fall by the wayside but until you give em a go you wont know .  

50 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Westwood played first half at Lincoln and seemed quite relaxed and in tune with the rest of the team and was greeted with enthusiasm by the supporters that night , so dont think it's anything to do with dressing room problems , more likely probs re bonuses for clean sheets or ,less likely in my view , probs with Jos , who may be under pressure from C C .

I don't think that just because CC said last night that he is back on the market for a job in England that it would put Jos under any pressure at all. Quite the opposite I reckon, as Jos would be hoping CC gets a championship club and we get six easy points from them lol 

Just saying like :rolleyes:

FFS

6 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

We have made a decent start and I am quite prepared to accept some of the unusual tactics and selections as Jos probably knows what he is doing. But what is still really bugging me is that our best goalkeeper is being wasted. We didn't sell him, he didn't go in the loan window so we have one of the best goalkeepers in the Championship being paid serious money and being wasted. I do not accept Jos' assertions that he is third choice based on ability and performance and with our back line still looking shaky, Westwood in goal would be an immediate improvement. Does anyone know what is really going on?

Yes. There are shedloads of right-minded people like you expressing the same opinion as myself. 

Meantime, those less inclined to do cryptic crosswords, continue to push the ill-informed view that young keepers, despite conceding regularly (our only clean sheet was against Sunderland of League 1), are a better proposition in goal. Meantime we need to continue scoring 2+ goals each game to stand any chance of winning. They also refuse to acknowledge that we’re making winning more difficult than it should be.

They’ll become wise after the event once Westwood returns though. lol

2 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Hull at Wembley would 've been a 4 -0 defeat without him.

We are putting a top 6 place at risk.

What a load of rubbish.....if we'd played with 10 men and no keeper without him then you may have a point......otherwise are you wanting us to believe that Westwood made 3 saves in the play off final that no other keeper could have or would have made?

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

What a load of rubbish.....if we'd played with 10 men and no keeper without him then you may have a point......otherwise are you wanting us to believe that Westwood made 3 saves in the play off final that no other keeper could have or would have made?

It took a wonder strike to beat us, maybe tinted glasses on here but I don’t remember them having any other clear cut chances. 

38 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Yes. There are shedloads of right-minded people like you expressing the same opinion as myself. 

Meantime, those less inclined to do cryptic crosswords, continue to push the ill-informed view that young keepers, despite conceding regularly (our only clean sheet was against Sunderland of League 1), are a better proposition in goal. Meantime we need to continue scoring 2+ goals each game to stand any chance of winning. They also refuse to acknowledge that we’re making winning more difficult than it should be.

They’ll become wise after the event once Westwood returns though. lol

And our clean sheets at this time last season were against?