Westwood

1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

Maybe no debate 9 months ago. At the moment we have no way of knowing.

FFS

So are you saying that if you was a manager of a football and you had the chance to sign any one of our 3...Westwood would be your third choice?

His last 9 months he’s been injured not had a leg chopped off!! Are you saying players should dropped for good after a lengthy injury?? 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
7 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

My loyalty is to the shirt

I’ve seen too many Bannister’s, and Atkinson’s to think any other way

I always used the lift in Atkinsons, so I can't comment on the Bannister's.

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

So are you saying that if you was a manager of a football and you had the chance to sign any one of our 3...Westwood would be your third choice?

His last 9 months he’s been injured not had a leg chopped off!! Are you saying players should dropped for good after a lengthy injury?? 

No , what I am saying is that none of us know if he is back to his best or if he is dropping crosses and fluffing saves in training. 

I would not buy Westwood blind based on form 9 months ago. Would you?

Westwood is the best keeper that we have (although I agree he does take too long over goal kicks), in fact the best keeper we have had in all my (long) time watching us.

If he is disruptive then I assume we are keeping that quiet in order to maintain his resale value in January BUT if thats the case its a waste of time as football is a small community and everyone who is in it and wants to know the full story will be ITK.

Just stop trying to kid the fans because no one comes out of it with any credit.

• Like 1

It all has been done to death this, but we are where we are.  There is no point trying to understand it, accept it and stop worrying.  Westwood will not be with us next season, so it makes sense to me to play one of the youngsters, and as someone else has said above, the only downside is that for whatever reason, we have not been able to move him on, so have not made any fee and not saved any wage.  Jos has made a decision, and the result is that our young goal keepers get a chance to development playing first team football for our own club, and that development includes building relationships and understanding with our own players, which is something they would not get out on loan.  They will be a year more advanced come next season, when Westwood would need replacing anyway, so even if you disagree with Jos' decision, there is still merit in what he has done, accept it.  Dawson has also made more saves than any other keeper in the Championship thus far. I do believe that Westwood is on the wane a bit too, and do not believe that our choice of goalkeeper will be the difference between success and failure this season.  Don't matter what reason Westwood is out for to be honest, we have what we have and there is good reason to embrace it.

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

17 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Your missing the point...Westwood formed a major part of that defence with his organisation and presence in the box.  

I'm not missing the point at all, as you say in your reply Westwood was a part of the defence not the whole defence.

3 hours ago, James1986 said:

What i was told is that it all stems back to last Christmas when he refused to stop in the team hotel on Christmas Day for the Nottingham Forest match, especially with it being 45 mins down the road (probably wanted to be with family)....

He hasn't played since.

Didn't CC quit on Xmas Eve?  If so who made the decision about discipline?  DC?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Whilst there are no doubt non football reasons behind the situation, he was poor last season when he played. Not just his basic shot stopping but he was running around the penalty box like someone from a benny hill sketch, absolutely all over the place. 

In slow motion...

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I'm not missing the point at all, as you say in your reply Westwood was a part of the defence not the whole defence.

Wow...what a short sighted response!!

its like taking Tom Lees out and wondering why we’ve started conceding goals and then saying...”he’s only one person out of the back four”.

when someone is as influential as Westwood is playing and then goes missing it’s very noticeable and IMO we haven’t maintained that standard with with Dawson or Wildsmith!!