Westwood

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Indeed.

Everybody backs the young lad, but as long as you have the best keeper in the division on gardening leave, and you keep losing games, questions will quite rightly be asked.

It's never going away, and the questions will get louder.

Westwood never been best goalkeeper in championship so lets stop go over the top

5 hours ago, fred mciver said:

And how many competitive games has Jos seen him play? Behave.

He must be on a £10 k a match win bonus , or sumat.

Where does he earn his shirt ? In training , who takes them training sessions on a daily basis ?  

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Do people genuinely think Westwood is the best goalkeeper in the division !!?

Why don’t you ? He was in the top 2 or 3 up to his injury . Annoys me how people  soon forget how good he was / is and just how many points he has saved us .As effective as any striker we’ve had lately for me . 

7 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Why deluded ? Because people don’t agree with your assessment? Deary me 

So you think he a better keeper than butland or bentley 

41 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Why don’t you ? He was in the top 2 or 3 up to his injury . Annoys me how people  soon forget how good he was / is and just how many points he has saved us .As effective as any striker we’ve had lately for me . 

As I've highlighted what he was and has been and done.

We don't really know if he's still as good as he was, we don't see him in training the coaches do.

7 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

As I've highlighted what he was and has been and done.

We don't really know if he's still as good as he was, we don't see him in training the coaches do.

I can only quote on what I know . I doubt very much Westwood has suddenly become a poor keeper though and I feel  he should still be in the first team 

Edited by dewsburyowl58
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I don’t actually think Butland is at his best yet and I’m afraid I’m unfamiliar with Bentley , can’t really compare Westwood with these because Jos won’t play him . 

You seen enough of westwood though surely 

3 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I can only quote on what I know . I doubt very much Westwood has suddenly become a poor keeper though and I belt he should still be in the first team 

Agreed we can all only go on what we know from 17/18 season as we haven't seen him since.

facts we aint kept a clean sheet all season,facts dawsons distribution aint as good as westwoods . I see both arguments regards it all , I think that wildsmith should have got out on loan until jan 1st and westwood and dawson should have been competing for no1 ,during the summer westwood was happy/fit and looking forward to the season ,maybe we will never know the full truth ,but some of jos`s decisions baffle me. going to be a long old few weeks for us. 

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

facts we aint kept a clean sheet all season,facts dawsons distribution aint as good as westwoods . I see both arguments regards it all , I think that wildsmith should have got out on loan until jan 1st and westwood and dawson should have been competing for no1 ,during the summer westwood was happy/fit and looking forward to the season ,maybe we will never know the full truth ,but some of jos`s decisions baffle me. going to be a long old few weeks for us. 

Wetswood is a good keeper, and he’s had a cracking few years at the club but his distribution for me is actually one of his weaker points 

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

fact , we havnt kept a clean sheet since loovens left perhaps we should re sign him ……..

5 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Correct about Wildsmith and on 1-2 other things I agree