"Good evening Sir"

"There's a storm brewing"

"Ahh yes Sir, apparently so. tug-gate. It's all over the papers."

"I meant Storm-Ali. "

"Of course Sir."

"Anyway. What do you mean it's all over the papers?"

"The couple caught in a.....compromising situation at the weekend Sir"

"Oh let me guess. Any excuse to have a dig at Wednesday. Let me see"

"You don't want to see it Sir, you know how you start raging and convincing yourself that the press are always ready to put Wednesday in a bad light"

"Let me see it!"

"Really Sir., I don't think-"

"Who's the reporter?"

"The new one Sir. Dooman Gloom"

"Let me see!"

42213387_323994568358088_568099799597842432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=44e25549e59e3b7ee0f039da8bd5fede&oe=5C1633A7

"This. I bloody knew it! This is typical of them!"

"Sir, I did try and warn you"

"They wouldn't have done this if it was the Pigs who had some chump having one shaken out of him"

"Unlikely to happen anyway I'd thought Sir. How would one be, ahem, pleasured by a trotter. There are no fingers to wrap around the appendage"

"It's a fair point Stubbs. But still...they'd have got away with it anyway if they had. Here, take this rag away with you. Use it to light the fire."

"Hehe.."

"What are you laughing at!"

"Well, it is quite amusing isn't it it  Sir"

"There's nothing funny about it at all. See the way the headline falls in sync with our badge! Subliminally having a dig!"

"I'm sure it's just coincidence"

"Pah!"

"Tea Sir?"

"Good Idea. And I'll have a shortbread biccie too"

"You can't Sir. You still have 4 lbs to lose on your diet"

"Good God! This is worse than prison. At least they get Porridge"

"A bit like the young lady on the KOP last Saturday"

"Pardon"

"Nothing Sir.  Who is it you're playing tomorrow?"

"Forest. Tell you what too Stubbs, I've got a feeling we might just smash them"

"Really?".

"Oh yes, just a hunch. But I've got a feeling in my gut. I think we're going to click.  Oh and I'll tell you something else. Win tomorrow and results go right and we can leapfrog the blunts. Ha. That will be one in the eye for Dooman"

"Why does he sit near that couple of the KOP sir?"

"Just get the stas and team news Stubbs."

"Very good Sir"

Forest - V- Wednesday

nf vswfc.jpg

EFL Championship

City Ground

Kick off : 19:45:00

Owls 10/11    Draw 5/2      Forest 3/1

Nottingham Forest striker Daryl Murphy (once linked with Wednesday every window) is not available for selection because of a groin injury. Defender Michael Dawson (calf) will hope to feature after being left on the bench for the Reds' draw with Swansea.

Sheffield Wednesday have no new injuries or suspensions to contend with after Saturday's draw with Stoke.

Striker Gary Hooper is closing on a return after playing 60 minutes for the Owls' under-23 team but will not feature at the City Ground. Loan signings Hector and Onomah have yet to make starts for the Owls but will be in contention with tough trip to Villa on Saturday.

Match facts

• Nottingham Forest have lost each of their past seven league matches against Sheffield Wednesday.

• Sheffield Wednesday have won their past four league visits to Nottingham Forest by an aggregate score of 10-1.

• In all competitions, Forest manager Aitor Karanka lost his first three meetings with Sheffield Wednesday - but the Spaniard has won his past three in a row.

• Sheffield Wednesday have not kept a clean sheet in the Championship in any of their past eight matches

• Nottingham Forest have drawn three of their past four home league matches (W1), as many draws as in their previous 35 such games combined (W17 D3 L15).

No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.

CUM ON  WEDNESDAY!

"Stubbs! Change that at once!"

"Sorry Sir. I just thought-"

"Well don't"

"Very good Sir"

COME  ON WEDNESDAY!

Always class, but you surpass yourself with this. Best ever UTO!

23 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The general work rate of both him and Matias has been superb this season regards helping when we're put of possession. 

Still think we'd benefit from him more centrally attacking wise. But a case of needs must isn't it.

We’ve won two and drawn one with Joao in his current role. It’s possible we would have done better with him central, but clearly it’s working fine.

And to add, in his 280 minutes this season we have scored 7 goals. Conceding 4.

We all have our preferences for the role of individual players (not me of course, I never harp on about player positions) but fair play to Jos he seems a master of putting the jigsaw pieces together to make a great picture.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We’ve won two and drawn one with Joao in his current role. It’s possible we would have done better with him central, but clearly it’s working fine.

We all have our preferences for the role of individual players (not me of course, I never harp on about player positions) but fair play to Jos he seems a master of putting the jigsaw pieces together to make a great picture.

Jos comes across as a very shrewd guy and deep thinker. After the mess he inherited, I think he’s done a marvellous job. He is definitely a better manager than Carlos in terms of man-managing, bringing youth through, tactical awareness and fitness. He isn’t worried about dropping players either. Carlos was brilliant with the media and was good PR for the club especially in his first 2 years but I’d rather have a manager that knows what he’s doing in the short and longer term.

Back to the Joao point - I actually like him wide attack as his defensive work has been brilliant but moreover it allows him to run from deep which is a strength of his. It can’t be underestimated how many headers he wins whilst defending corners. I think he will continue to play there and one of Nuhiu, Fletcher or Hooper will play down the middle. 

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

True Holmers.  True. It is just suppositon we'd have done any better. 

I just liked it when he popped up a few times in there against Stoke. Lads a really menace. 

Though of course part of that will be the fact he'd travelled through zones to pop up there and lost his man. 

It'll be interesting to see where we go with it when Fernando is back and chomping at the bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Jos comes across as a very shrewd guy and deep thinker. After the mess he inherited, I think he’s done a marvellous job. He is definitely a better manager than Carlos in terms of man-managing, bringing youth through, tactical awareness and fitness. He isn’t worried about dropping players either. Carlos was brilliant with the media and was good PR for the club especially in his first 2 years but I’d rather have a manager that knows what he’s doing in the short and longer term.

Back to the Joao point - I actually like him wide attack as his defensive work has been brilliant but moreover it allows him to run from deep which is a strength of his. It can’t be underestimated how many headers he wins whilst defending corners. I think he will continue to play there and one of Nuhiu, Fletcher or Hooper will play down the middle. 

Yep agree with every point there.

I made the defensive set-piece point before the Stoke game. With Joao + Nuhiu or Fletch in the box we look really secure. Matias, Bannan or FF left upfield keeps a couple of defenders busy too. 

I am sure it will have not escaped the attention of our current forwards that FF and Hooper are soon to be available for selection. I am sure they will be doing their utmost to be undroppable.

I certainly hope that is the case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

True Holmers.  True. It is just suppositon we'd have done any better. 

I just liked it when he popped up a few times in there against Stoke. Lads a really menace. 

Though of course part of that will be the fact he'd travelled through zones to pop up there and lost his man. 

It'll be interesting to see where we go with it when Fernando is back and chomping at the bit.

and Hooper, and Winnall, and a 100% fit Fletch.

Marvellous in’it?

Heres to a 5-0 win

We will all be up for it tonight, Reach and Joey may as well have been feeding the ducks on Saturday. I can see us opening up the floodgates

Bannan to drain a monster from 35 yards, pounding one in off the post. Second goal, a quick dash leads to 5 on 1 before Joao slots one home from a tight angle. Lees heads in to make it safe before half time, standing to attention before saluting his general Jos Luhukay.

Content owls fans head off instead to relish their warm hotdogs at half time.

Nuhui, the tower of power, gets our fourth and moments later Reach adds to his tally after a solo marathon effort to truly seal the deal, causing Karanka to fire his apprentice.

Joey blows his champagne moment to make it 6 after taking matters into his own hands and shooting himself in the foot.

Florist flogged, Karanka cheesed off and Luhukay blows his own trumpet confidently in the post match interview, much to the fans delight.