Carlos Carvalhal says he's back on the market

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

When you see that that CV, you have to question who decided he was the right man to give 30 million to and trust with one the most important periods in our history.

He'd been unemployed for 3 years FFS.

His agents had been brought into club by MM to try and find new investment. They obviously wanted own man in charge and they were advising DC. 

Not sure which other clowns were put up for post.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Have a look at our balance sheet, the players out, the fact that the youngsters like Penney, Thorniley, Dawson all being told the door was closed to them playing for the first team etc

It's really not that difficult to grasp this one once you look past his salesman techniques of selling his own hype to you

I’m not saying you are wrong mate. However, that first season was sublime and the second season we were pretty close too. Save the hatred for really crap managers like Wilson, Yorath, Jewell, Irvine et al.

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’m not saying you are wrong mate. However, that first season was sublime and the second season we were pretty close too. Save the hatred for really crap managers like Wilson, Yorath, Jewell, Irvine et al.

There's no hatred - just a supplying of accurate facts to those still under the salesman's spell

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

There's no hatred - just a supplying of accurate facts to those still under the salesman's spell

lol

I’m certainly not under his spell as you put it.  He was sacked at the right time or if anything too late.  However, he was nowhere near as poor as some on here are making out.  

16 minutes ago, Quist said:

His agents had been brought into club by MM to try and find new investment. They obviously wanted own man in charge and they were advising DC. 

Not sure which other clowns were put up for post.

Wait, no ones allowed to blame St MM for anything, it's not allowed, old tight arse loved the club and all the fans, he still personally visits on their doorsteps 32,000 of us to show his gurgling love...:ph34r:

He offers to use of his 1984 6 berth caravan at Ingoldmells for a discounted £350, no more, no less..

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’m certainly not under his spell as you put it.  He was sacked at the right time or if anything too late.  However, he was nowhere near as poor as some on here are making out.  

I think the evidence of Jos taking over a crippled squad, the entire first team 'unavailable'/injured, the youth team being told they've no chance of playing ever, the non favourite players who were fit having been told they will only play when there's absolutely no other option, and after a run of games that included a whole month with a RECORD BREAKING sequence of games without a single shot on the opponents goal

I could go on but I"m eating some custard creams

Oh yeah and players only turning up for training as/when they could be bothered to etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the evidence of Jos taking over a crippled squad, the entire first team 'unavailable'/injured, the youth team being told they've no chance of playing ever, the non favourite players who were fit having been told they will only play when there's absolutely no other option, and after a run of games that included a whole month with a RECORD BREAKING sequence of games without a single shot on the opponents goal

Oh yeah and players only turning up for training as/when they could be bothered to etc etc

I'd genuinely forgotten about no hope November. 

No shots on target. Not goals. Shots.

Unbelievable.

I think we must be the only club in history to sink so low. 

Cheers Clueless.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You have to rid yourself of this rage, I can't synchronise the Neil who walks calmly through the streets filming such beautiful videos (really enjoyed the Castleton one)  and the need to trap CC within in a black hole and have a herd of deranged wild elephants trample his very essence.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steveger said:

Wait, no ones allowed to blame St MM for anything, it's not allowed, old tight arse loved the club and all the fans, he still personally visits on their doorsteps 32,000 of us to show his gurgling love...:ph34r:

He offers to use of his 1984 6 berth caravan at Ingoldmells for a discounted £350, no more, no less..

Bloody hell he charges me £375 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Watson said:

You have to rid yourself of this rage, I can't synchronise the Neil who walks calmly through the streets filming such beautiful videos (really enjoyed the Castleton one)  and the need to trap CC within in a black hole and have a herd of deranged wild elephants trample his very essence.  

You're right

I'm going to ceasefire on Carlos

lol

Peace and love my friend and thank you for checking out the travel vids - off to more exotic places soon

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, Almat said:

I'll give him a helping hand with his CV. 

Teams managed
1998–1999 Espinho
1999–2000 Freamunde
2000 Vizela
2000–2001 Aves
2001–2002 Leixões
2003–2004 Vitória Setúbal
2004–2005 Belenenses
2006 Braga
2006 Beira-Mar
2007–2008 Vitória Setúbal
2008 Asteras Tripoli
2009 Marítimo
2009–2010 Sporting CP
2011–2012 Beşiktaş
2012 İstanbul BB
2015–2017 Sheffield Wednesday
2017–2018 Swansea City

Found out 17 times in 19 seasons. Thats quite some record there fella, hop on your Besiktas Morphocycle and do one back to Portugal please.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Have a look at our balance sheet, the players out, the fact that the youngsters like Penney, Thorniley, Dawson all being told the door was closed to them playing for the first team etc

It's really not that difficult to grasp this one once you look past his salesman techniques of selling his own hype to you

when did he tell penney,thorniley & dawson that the door was closed to the 1st team ?....I find it strange if he did coz you'd think he'd have released them instead of giving them contracts and then letting them go out on loan to help in  there development .

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

No he was worse , he is dire everywhere he goes. A manager like Wagner or jokanovic would have got us over the line and not signed dross like jones , Boyd etc etc 

Edited by james o connor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

I'd genuinely forgotten about no hope November. 

No shots on target. Not goals. Shots.

Unbelievable.

I think we must be the only club in history to sink so low. 

Cheers Clueless.

Judge a team over a season, not picking out an odd month that suits you. We scored loads of goals under CC.   We wouldn't have finished 4th and 6th without doing that. Three crackers against Arsenal for a start.

You clearly didn't support us in the 70's or the 00's when we really had something to complain about.

Far from clueless, we played our best football since the Atkinson/Francis days of the early 90's.

Apart from Rhodes, we haven't paid any big transfer fees.   You can't get an average Championship player for under £3m nowadays.

What's probably done us in is the high wages.  But I'm sure CC didn't negotiate players contracts.