Team at Forest

tWhat I would play and what Jos would play are very different.

Weswood

Baker   Lees Hector   Penny

Joao  Onomah   Pelupessy   Reach

Bannan (Can play where he likes)

Flectcher

What I think Jos will play

Palmer    Lees Thorniley   Penny

Bannan Pelupessy

Joao           Onomah             Reach

Nuhiu  

Edited by jonnyowl

3 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

You make a good point that Bannan can play where he likes. I personally would like to see him further upfield so that he can play those killer passes which lead to goals. If he is forever going and collecting it from Lees he is far less effective.

Bannan comes deep to get the ball, not because it’s his position.

If he played 20 yards further upfield he won’t get on the ball as often. Chicken and egg.

It works. He’s playing like a God. We have 10 points from 12. Life (and Bannan’s position) is sweet. 

On 16/09/2018 at 12:38, s6 owl said:

Lees should be dropped before Thorniley

True but we shouldn’t be messing with that pairing if we don’t need to I often think rotating the back is risky especially if  the central positions 

Out of the run of these 4 games Stoke, forest, villa and Leeds this is probably the one I'd be hoping for a win against, theyve a terrible record against us in recent seasons and even last year under Carlos when we were awful we still beat Em, so hopefully we've a bit of a hoodoo over them and itll continue. I thought before if we took 6 points from these 4, best for rest and draw the others it would be a solid return... So fingers crossed. 

I'd maybe rest reach and Palmer and let the rest make up for last week's sloppy defensive display for that first half hour on Saturday. 

15 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Out of the run of these 4 games Stoke, forest, villa and Leeds this is probably the one I'd be hoping for a win against, theyve a terrible record against us in recent seasons and even last year under Carlos when we were awful we still beat Em, so hopefully we've a bit of a hoodoo over them and itll continue. I thought before if we took 6 points from these 4, best for rest and draw the others it would be a solid return... So fingers crossed. 

I'd maybe rest reach and Palmer and let the rest make up for last week's sloppy defensive display for that first half hour on Saturday. 

I agree I think if we can get 4 points out of the next 2 games it will keep us in the hunt as playoff contenders, and I don’t rate Forest that highly. Stoke have better players so hopefully we have a decent chance tomorrow. I see Prutton predicts we’ll win 1-3. 

But the good news for Forest fans is they will probably win now I’ve said that

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 08:16, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Don’t change a back four that is conceding goals at an alarming rate?

We are picking up points in spite of our defence not because of it.

Fair point, but it's as fair to say that of our 11 League goals this season, the Defense scored 4.  SWFC is a turn-key attacking Squad,  even in defense.  Reach, Bannan, and Lees are formally listed as Defensemen.  Penney damned near got one too, at the end of that spectacular run down the left side against Stoke.  

On 16/09/2018 at 19:30, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

With 3 games in a week I think we might see a few changes at forest :

Dawson

Baker

Lees

Hector 

Penney

Baz

Joey

Onomah 

Reach

Joao

Nuihu 

See how new lads do and then assess for the game down at villa

You may be right - however I'd like to see this:

Dawson

Baker           Hector           Thornily        Penney

Onomah      Bazza

Matias            Nuhiu             Reach

Joao

Lees could do with a kick up the b***side, be good to see the pace and power of Hector and Onomah away and Reach/ Matias would support the fullbacks plus give us ball carrying options down either side.  Nuhiu can cause problems and Joao drift across front line and gives us ball over top...

I doubt if Penney will play.  Jos has been quite clear that the young lads coming through aren't ready to play full intensive Championship games every three days, he has said Thorniley only got physically ready for that this season.  So I reckon:

Dawson

Baker Lees Hector Thorniley

Pelupessy

Onomah            Bannan

Reach                       Joao

Nuhiu

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

I agree I think if we can get 4 points out of the next 2 games it will keep us in the hunt as playoff contenders, and I don’t rate Forest that highly. Stoke have better players so hopefully we have a decent chance tomorrow. I see Prutton predicts we’ll win 1-3. 

But the good news for Forest fans is they will probably win now I’ve said that

Maybe need an Abdi cameo, only good game he's given us since he signed over 2 years ago was against forest when he scored that cracker of a goal before disappearing back into obscurity. 

2 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

I doubt if Penney will play.  Jos has been quite clear that the young lads coming through aren't ready to play full intensive Championship games every three days, he has said Thorniley only got physically ready for that this season.  So I reckon:

Dawson

Baker Lees Hector Thorniley

Pelupessy

Onomah            Bannan

Reach                       Joao

Nuhiu

I think this is a very good shout but i think he may stick with Palmer at RB for now.

Joao seemed to be cramping quite badly from about 70 minutes Saturday. Bit odd after 2 weeks break. Perhaps a light knock. Maybe he will be rested for Villa

As Tony Blair once said, Rotation, Rotation, Rotation.

We must expect our faves to be rested/rotated. Long long season.

20 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Joao seemed to be cramping quite badly from about 70 minutes Saturday. Bit odd after 2 weeks break. Perhaps a light knock. Maybe he will be rested for Villa

As Tony Blair once said, Rotation, Rotation, Rotation.

We must expect our faves to be rested/rotated. Long long season.

I expect a few changes especially away from home. Penney needs protecting and we can’t allow his enthusiasm to be paired with our lack of options in playing him every 3 days. Young players quite often need holding back almost, I think back to how Moyes brought Rooney through and compare that to Owen at Liverpool.

Then you look at our attacking players, I can’t see us playing 2 attacking wide players AND Reach as false 9 behind a striker away from home. So I’d expect at least one of Matias, Reach or Jaoa to be swapped with more combative / defensive option. Depending how defensive that could see Hector/Hutch making it two defensive mids at base or Onamah playing similar role to Reach just with more bite. 

I wouldnt mind seeing us look bit more solid with counter attacking threat of Matias, Jaoa, Fessi etc awaiting to break. 

43 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I expect a few changes especially away from home. Penney needs protecting and we can’t allow his enthusiasm to be paired with our lack of options in playing him every 3 days. Young players quite often need holding back almost, I think back to how Moyes brought Rooney through and compare that to Owen at Liverpool.

Then you look at our attacking players, I can’t see us playing 2 attacking wide players AND Reach as false 9 behind a striker away from home. So I’d expect at least one of Matias, Reach or Jaoa to be swapped with more combative / defensive option. Depending how defensive that could see Hector/Hutch making it two defensive mids at base or Onamah playing similar role to Reach just with more bite. 

I wouldnt mind seeing us look bit more solid with counter attacking threat of Matias, Jaoa, Fessi etc awaiting to break. 

Agree that Penney needs protecting as long as its not Fox who replaces him.