Marco Matias Hows He Doing

48 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Other tham his goal, static, no creativity, didn't move. Don't really understand his or Reach's role today. They spent most of their time jogging in a line with Fletcher waiting for Bannan to find them (which he did for the goal). Very dissapointing that they don't have the brain's to come get the ball/help bannan & pelupessy/run wide etc. Feel they left BB to do most of the work. Not good enough IMO.

Agreed. Took his goal well, but anonymous other than that. Deplorable antics when throwing himself to the floor. Still too weak.

4 minutes ago, Watson said:

Keep him up front instead of pratting about defending.  Will be a lot more effective 

Haven't watched the recent matches, but judging on the ones I did see, it appears Jos likes playing him specifically because of his defensive contributions.

He’s decent , and I think he’ll get better. He hasn’t played for ages so it isn’t going to happen over night . I love how some are so critical of him yet are desperate for the return of the ultimate waste of space abdi . 

Agreed re diving , I hate that. But the untouchable forestieri is equally as bad for diving so if we are gonna stop one We should deffo be stopping the other 

4 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

Agreed. Took his goal well, but anonymous other than that. Deplorable antics when throwing himself to the floor. Still too weak.

Agree also, apart from his goal he did little all afternoon to trouble the Stoke defence

14 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Agree also, apart from his goal he did little all afternoon to trouble the Stoke defence

Apart from Fletcher you could say that about most of the players yesterday. 

1 minute ago, GerOwl said:

Apart from Fletcher you could say that about most of the players yesterday. 

You're probably right. Only B&B and Joao were effective at times yesterday, and then Joao dropped too deep on the second half. With regards to Matias this season, apart from working hard I have not seen a lot from him troubling opposition defences 

36 minutes ago, LittleG said:

You're probably right. Only B&B and Joao were effective at times yesterday, and then Joao dropped too deep on the second half. With regards to Matias this season, apart from working hard I have not seen a lot from him troubling opposition defences 

He's not troubling the defence coz he's messing about working too hard in defence

BB and Fletch we're ok and have a really good understanding, must be a comb-over thing. Joao taking men on on the halfway line makes him look great but was also just as ineffective as Matias was. Joao scored two the other week but was god awful in that match, here he was the second coming. Matias scores and still gets hammered. Pelupessy does all the dirty, crappy jobs so Bannan can play his game but gets slated as well. Nuhui plays 3 halves of total dogger then gets praised to the heavens for his 2nd half performance at Reading. I think proper internet decorum dictates I write "rant off" here. 

I am yet to see us play well this year. We seem to be scraping by and nicking the wins by the odd goal, if we could continue like that it would be great. Unfortunately we look like we could be on the end of one soon if we don't sort out the defensive side. Hopefully this doesn't coincide with the Leeds match or even worse against United.   

9 minutes ago, Watson said:

He's not troubling the defence coz he's messing about working too hard in defence

Exactly. He should be causing problems for the other team defences not constantly getting plaudits for helping out in ours. 

Guest Bulgaria
7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

16/17 and 17/18 season combined - 475 minutes

August 11th to Sept 15th - 490 minutes

Bizarre but very welcome about-turn. Credit to Jos I assume.

Anyone would think his contract is soon due to be discussed.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

He’s decent , and I think he’ll get better. He hasn’t played for ages so it isn’t going to happen over night . I love how some are so critical of him yet are desperate for the return of the ultimate waste of space abdi . 

Agreed re diving , I hate that. But the untouchable forestieri is equally as bad for diving so if we are gonna stop one We should deffo be stopping the other 

Who's desperate for the return of abdi?

10 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

BB and Fletch we're ok and have a really good understanding, must be a comb-over thing. Joao taking men on on the halfway line makes him look great but was also just as ineffective as Matias was. Joao scored two the other week but was god awful in that match, here he was the second coming. Matias scores and still gets hammered. Pelupessy does all the dirty, crappy jobs so Bannan can play his game but gets slated as well. Nuhui plays 3 halves of total dogger then gets praised to the heavens for his 2nd half performance at Reading. I think proper internet decorum dictates I write "rant off" here. 

I am yet to see us play well this year. We seem to be scraping by and nicking the wins by the odd goal, if we could continue like that it would be great. Unfortunately we look like we could be on the end of one soon if we don't sort out the defensive side. Hopefully this doesn't coincide with the Leeds match or even worse against United.   

What you have got to realise is that people have different opinions; if they don't agree with you they are not necessarily wrong. Reflecting on the players you mentioned BB had a very good game, Fletcher tried hard but the service was poor, Joao played too deep at times but still looks like the only one to score, Matias anonymous apart from his goal, Joey poor because of he constantly looks for the easy ball and didn't protect the defence and Nuihu was his usual self in harassing the Stoke defence. I agree with you that we need to sort out the Defence, conceding every match even though they are bring helped out by players who should be causing problems further up the pitch

18 hours ago, owl-zat said:

Been hoping he'd come good for a few years now but what dies annoy me is he's always looking for the foul going down too easily and today he went down like he'd taken a punch from Tyson Fury holding his face when I don't think he was even touched in the face area

Is that when their fullback gave him a full on forearm smash?