Marco Matias Hows He Doing

Attitude and work rate have come on in leaps and bounds. Impressed the way he scored today, didn’t milk it but ran straight into the goal to pick up the ball and run it back to centre spot - not even half time yet. Looks like all that time of forced absenteeism has really whetted his appetite.

Been hoping he'd come good for a few years now but what dies annoy me is he's always looking for the foul going down too easily and today he went down like he'd taken a punch from Tyson Fury holding his face when I don't think he was even touched in the face area

His work rate has been excellent, and he's certainly a skilful player, but I still don't feel as though he's doing enough to affect the game.

I hope that's something that'll come still, but for now I'm just pleased to see him put a run of games together.

9 minutes ago, cowl said:

His work rate has been excellent, and he's certainly a skilful player, but I still don't feel as though he's doing enough to affect the game.

I hope that's something that'll come still, but for now I'm just pleased to see him put a run of games together.

I must admit agree on that, when I've seen the game via TV or whatever, he didn't seem to have a huge affect on the game. That said he pops up, like today, with a goal.

At least we are getting game time out of him now, plus I'm sure all players want to play, so good on him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owl-zat said:

Been hoping he'd come good for a few years now but what dies annoy me is he's always looking for the foul going down too easily and today he went down like he'd taken a punch from Tyson Fury holding his face when I don't think he was even touched in the face area

Completely agree. Was really getting on my nerves with this today. Just stay on your feet FFS. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

throws himself on the floor too easily for me.

Gets himself into decent positions now and again, but still not seen a lot to get excited about.

Agreed on both counts.

Frustrates the hell out of me constantly diving. Jos has to get that out of his game. Needs to stay on his feet, thereby making life so much harder for the defender.

His runs are excellent. At one point in the second half yesterday Bannan was (yet again) moving nicely thru the middle looking for a runner. Matias sped from right to left with a lovely run but unseen by Bannan. Nobody would have caught him had Bannan spotted it. 

His goal from nowhere was excellent. That 50 yard Bannan pass to find Fletcher’s superb run, wonderful speed of thought and skill by Fletcher, and a dart by Matias that no defender would catch, topped off by a cracking finish. Lovely stuff.

10 hours ago, owl-zat said:

Thought it was embarassing the way he went down holding his face yesterday. Things like that deserve a booking at least.

Wish he would cut that out of his game as he is a talented player.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

Completely agree. Was really getting on my nerves with this today. Just stay on your feet FFS. 

I really do hope Jos talks to him about this. Most refs dont buy these "fouls" so pointless doing it all the time. However i would have Fessi sat in on the conversation as well as he's equally as bad.

• Haha 1

Can only really comment on yesterday, but he looks solid for this level. As been said, looks like he gets into great positions, and it was a good finish - good work rate and all.

Like the fact that even though he’s had a series of muscle injuries he’s not afraid to put the miles in, seems to have a good attitude.

9 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Perhaps Fessi used to have a tendency to fall down a bit but now when he does go to ground it is usually because some player has hacked him down. It's the only way they can stop him. 

I met him today in Dooleys on my birthday treat VIP day out. 

He didn't dive then. Picture available if required. lol

Hope he didn't call you any nasty names and punch you in the face either. Would have really spoilt your special day A12. lol

10 hours ago, cowl said:

Biggest way of affecting a game is to score a goal. He did that yesterday and sparked the revival.

Other tham his goal, static, no creativity, didn't move. Don't really understand his or Reach's role today. They spent most of their time jogging in a line with Fletcher waiting for Bannan to find them (which he did for the goal). Very dissapointing that they don't have the brain's to come get the ball/help bannan & pelupessy/run wide etc. Feel they left BB to do most of the work. Not good enough IMO.