Player Ratings

Go on then I`ll stick my head up to be shot,

Dawson  -   6.5    No chance with goals, couple of good blocks, distribution a tad slow

Palmer  -   6    Generally Ok ish, still dozes off at certain times

Lees    -    6    Not at his best

Thorniley    -      7    Stood up pretty well for an inexperienced lad

Penney    -    7    Shaky first 20 mins (like rest of team) but given this was only his 4th start did very well against a very experienced side, couple of brilliant runs 2nd half and unlucky not to score

Pelupessy    -    5.5    He`s a trier I will give him that but I just think he is average..…………………..but then again I don't buy into the concept that "it is possible to be man of the match without touching the ball" as was stated on here last week.

Bannan    -    7.5    God help us if he gets injured, not at his best and still dragged us to a point

Reach    -    3    Atrocious...……...pathetically weak defensively and offered zilch going forward. There are "certain" players who wouldn't get a shirt for a month if they played this badly...…...oh and I haven`t got a f***in scooby what position he was supposed to be playing

Matias    -    5    Goal aside I barely noticed he was on the pitch

Fletcher    -    6    Battled manfully against Shawcross with little service

Joao   -    7    Looked really bright in possession but we didn't involve him enough

SUBS

Nuihiu    -    7    Fair play big man, came on and made a real nuisance of himself

Onomah    -    6    Added some impetus

Edited by sheriwozgod

Dawson  -   6

Palmer  -   6    

Lees    -    6   

Thorniley    -      8    That diving header under the crossbar! That block on Ince's shot! I really like this lad

Penney    -    6    Quiet until the last 15 minutes when he was given more freedom

Pelupessy    -    5 Some sloppy touches but also lots of important 'ratting'

Bannan    -    9    Single-handedly saved the game

Reach    -    4    I like Reach but not in that role, whatever it was meant to be.

Matias    -    5    Nice goal. Nothing more

Fletcher    -    6    

Joao   -    5    Looked the most likely player to create something but for all his fancy touches and skills he offered very little. And he didn't work nearly hard enough. Is he fit?

SUBS

Nuhiu    -    7    Made a difference

Onomah    -    6    Looks good going forward

25 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Dawson  -   6.5    No chance with goals, couple of good blocks, distribution a tad slow

Penney    -    7    Shaky first 20 mins (like rest of team) but given this was only his 4th start did very well against a very experienced side, couple of brilliant runs 2nd half and unlucky not to score

Pelupessy    -    5.5    He`s a trier I will give him that but I just think he is average..…………………..but then again I don't buy into the concept that "it is possible to be man of the match without touching the ball" as was stated on here last week.

Bannan    -    7.5    God help us if he gets injured, not at his best and still dragged us to a point

Reach    -    3    Atrocious...……...pathetically weak defensively and offered zilch going forward. There are "certain" players who wouldn't get a shirt for a month if they played this badly...…...oh and I haven`t got a f***in scooby what position he was supposed to be playing

Joao   -    7    Looked really bright in possession but we didn't involve him enough

SUBS

Nuihiu    -    7    Fair play big man, came on and made a real nuisance of himself

Agree with most of that, might score Dawson a 6, made Afobe's mind up with the way he came out for the 2nd and his goal kicks barely reached the halfway line.

Think 3 is harsh on Reach but he was our poorest performer today.

36 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

SUBS

Spot on pretty much. Reach a 5, Bannon a 8.5 and maybe MM a 5.5 if I was being picky, 

I do think Dawson’s place is under threat, he is not commanding or vocal enough for me, I think Wildsmith looked better last season than Dawson does this. Of course a fit and on form Westwood is better than either. 

Dawson 6 - Thought he was a tad slow trying to get a block in for their 2nd.

Palmer 6 - Looked scared sh1tless for the 1st 20 mins, played ok once he got himself together.

Lees 6 - Struggled & looked uncomfortable at times, particularly 1st half

Thorniley 8 - Didn't do much wrong for me, brilliant header over the crossbar to prevent a 3rd for them.

Penney 7 - Like Palmer looked out of his depth in the first 20 mins, grew as the game went on, great attacking runs in 2nd half.

Pelupessy 5 - Excellent work rate but distribution very poor.

Bannan 9 - Don't know where he gets his energy from, great through ball for our 1st goal, marvellous free kick for the 2nd.

Reach 3 - Quiet possibly his worse game for us, first touch, tackling, passing all poor. Not suited to a more advanced role.

Matias 6 - Apart from his goal didn't offer much else apart from embarrassing attempts to win a free kick.

Joao 7 - Looked dangerous on the ball, played far too deep for me.

Fletcher 7 - Worked hard, did well for the 1st goal, struggled to get anything from their centre backs.

Nuhiu 7 - Held the ball up well & put their defenders under pressure.

Onomah 6 - Some decent touches & link play.

Hector - Not on long enough to judge.