Jos Luhukay "We were looking too much to Barry Bannan"

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Who's dropping out Reach or Pelupessy?

Because despite a couple of decent bursts I thought we looked more exposed when Onomah came on.

Might have to disagree there, thought we were exposed all way through the match. You've got to take into account that by replacing JP we were going forward with more attacking intent so possibly leaving us more open. But as above we had been exposed all game.

11 hours ago, lukestheman82 said:

In this thread Jos is saying we look to BB too much, in other threads people defend JP, citing Jos tells him to break up play and look to BB.. Someones sniffing glue. 

This is why were not Managing Sheffield Wednesday and Jos is.

I don't want to see JP marauding forward off the ball when we're going forward, but if JP is on the ball I want him to look up and if there's space bring the ball forward or play the ball forward. Receiving the ball and allways passing back or sideways isn't going to win us football matches. That said, the ball doesn't always have to go forward.

Also, let's not get on JPs back for shooting from outside the area. Eventually one of these shots is going in.

I don't think JP is a bad player, and he's not the only player yesterday who has to take more responsibility going forward on or off the ball.

If you compare Stokes back four to our back four going forward they were a different class.

• Like 1

The whole looking to BB while true, should be utilised in another way.

All teams will be looking to close BB down as quick as possible, if BB plays the right game he can create space by getting the opposites to track him. FF has the same ability.

Jos is correct in saying the other players need to take more responsibility because if they do they should receive the ball in acres of space.

Lastly we are a lot more dangerous when we go direct.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
17 hours ago, Mardy Bum said:

He needs to sit more forward, he can’t be sat infront if the defence. Same about that new lad from spurs pointless signing a young athletic winger if we aren’t going to use him as a winger. 

Apart from the fact he is at a winger!!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Mardy Bum said:

Eh?

I meant isn’t a winger. He can play there but his best position is centre mid. Doesn’t matter now though as I look a right tvvat!!  WTF:

On 15/09/2018 at 17:23, Mardy Bum said:

He needs to sit more forward, he can’t be sat infront if the defence. Same about that new lad from spurs pointless signing a young athletic winger if we aren’t going to use him as a winger. 

How do we get the ball to him if he's playing further forward? We play 4 forwards already with reach in the number 10. Someone has to get them the ball. 

That Onomah is a box to box midfielder or a number 10, not a winger. 

On 15/09/2018 at 21:38, joelswfc said:

As much as we talk about being completely reliant on Baz, he wasn’t st his absolute best at Reading yet we got the 3 points with 2 stunning team goals. Great position to be in really.

He wasn't at his best in the first half at reading. And other than our goal, Reading dominated.

After half time, Bannan clicked and we clicked. 

We really are reliant on him in my opinion. 

On 15/09/2018 at 17:42, asteener1867 said:

I suppose Jos is right to a certain extent, but Bannan more or less demands the ball, cos he virtually covers the pitch and is always available...Joey hardly ever moves forward, maybe thats his role, but the new lad got forward every chance, maybe because we were after an equaliser.

stoke were so much quicker playing it out, mostly down to Butlands distribution, 

Loved Butland at Bannans free kick, not only did he not move, but he seemed afraid to look behind him....

I swear to god that when that ball hit the post then it went into like "time lapse" photography..It took about 5 minutes to "nestle"

I think his ire was directed at Reach, Mattias and Joao rather then Pelupessy. Especially Reach, he may as well not have been on the pitch first half.

50 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

I think his ire was directed at Reach, Mattias and Joao rather then Pelupessy. Especially Reach, he may as well not have been on the pitch first half.

I agree. If Joey's instructions were anything other than get the ball and give it to someone who can play, then he would have been dropped some time ago

5 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

How do we get the ball to him if he's playing further forward? We play 4 forwards already with reach in the number 10. Someone has to get them the ball. 

That Onomah is a box to box midfielder or a number 10, not a winger. 

The other non existent defensive centre mid which should be joey or the players around him.