Jos Luhukay "We were looking too much to Barry Bannan"

We come back because we have the character to fight and work very hard

We were looking too much to Barry Bannan

Always the ball goes to Barry Bannan but we have ten other players on the field who must make the initative to make the play without looking to just find Barry Bannan and create chances to score goals.

Every day we work on this to play football, play first ball forward, play combinations and try to create chances.

Honestly as a coach I'm not happy. When you see our training sessions they are high intensity but the first 35 minutes we weren't on the field. From the first second you must believe in what you are doing. 

I give them credit with the fans behind us to come back today

I have so much trust in our team and they can do so much more. I can't play myself on the field. The team must believe more, and believe more in each other. 

We may have lost the game without Barry Bannan today. The character of the team is so important. Today was a tough start, and Wednesday and Saturday the players must have the ambition and character but also the trust in each other to play the top teams as well.

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

He needs to sit more forward, he can’t be sat infront if the defence. Same about that new lad from spurs pointless signing a young athletic winger if we aren’t going to use him as a winger. 

Bannan is in such good form that if coming deeper means he gets the ball more often I’m all for it. As for Onomah, he started as a winger but is now a deep ball playing midfielder. 

Edited by joelswfc

3 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

He needs to sit more forward, he can’t be sat infront if the defence. Same about that new lad from spurs pointless signing a young athletic winger if we aren’t going to use him as a winger. 

You know he's a CM, right?

Edited by McRightSide
  • Haha 1

You reckon Jos? I can see why you’re paid so much. 

But it I actually thought it was a good interview from Jos - he almost sounded human too. I think he was pissed off how we played and recognised where things went wrong. 

I suppose Jos is right to a certain extent, but Bannan more or less demands the ball, cos he virtually covers the pitch and is always available...Joey hardly ever moves forward, maybe thats his role, but the new lad got forward every chance, maybe because we were after an equaliser.

stoke were so much quicker playing it out, mostly down to Butlands distribution, 

Loved Butland at Bannans free kick, not only did he not move, but he seemed afraid to look behind him....

I swear to god that when that ball hit the post then it went into like "time lapse" photography..It took about 5 minutes to "nestle"

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It does feel like our tactics are: give the ball to Bannan ASAP

Given Jos's words that clearly isn't our tactic though is it.

I'm encouraged by his post match words today. He defintely comes across as a strong manager who is firmly in charge of his squad.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jowl said:

But it I actually thought it was a good interview from Jos - he almost sounded human too. I think he was pissed off how we played and recognised where things went wrong. 

He's always been sensible and honest

Owlstalk Shop

Really pleased to hear he’s not happy with it, shows he expects and demands much more.

This team is very much a work in progress, he wants to play a high level ntensity game, let’s hope the players switch on to it, we do look a decent outfit when playing at a higher tempo.

if we can get our act together there is nothing to fear in this league.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jowl said:

After years of our manager not saying what the fans are thinking, the fact that he's come out and said such a thing is a breath of fresh air.