Wednesday U18s 1 v 0 Forest U18s

11 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

Another terrific hard fought performance from the league leaders. The winning goal came around the 85th minute started by a blistering run on the left wing by Jordan O’Brien leaving Forest players for dead, getting into the box and squaring for Eyad Hamoud to fire a terrific shot into the net. The boys are now 4points clear at the top of the league.

Fantastic 

Do any of them look capable of stepping up soon to the senior team?

When I last saw the under 18’s against Chelsea in the fa cup it was like School boys against Olympic boxers 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Another terrific hard fought performance from the league leaders. The winning goal came around the 85th minute started by a blistering run on the left wing by Jordan O’Brien leaving Forest players for dead, getting into the box and squaring for Eyad Hamoud to fire a terrific shot into the net. The boys are now 4points clear at the top of the league.

Thank you for the update. Delighted to see e won and your lad set up winner. Did they play high energy pressing game again?

Should they have won by wider margin or was it as close as result suggests?

• Like 1

I see some folks asking how these players would do in first team. I think no one really knows until they get a chance. Matt Penney has shone at lower levels and never got a chance he went out on loan and did not get a chance but has looked comfortable in Championship. Think to succeed at higher levels now you have to have some pace or be able to sustain high tempo. If you can control ball and have a good technical ability that makes you a certainty to succeed.

Thorniley works ever so hard for a defender really puts a shift in and that is why he is holding a place down. He is also brave and gets stuck in.

Penney is quick across the ground has good balance and keeps going. He gets in right areas and wants the ball. 

Thorniley was not tipped by many if any to succeed but his determination has got him through. Penney was seen by many as a player and they were correct. 

In view of good results I am certain there will be some good players in the team and no doubt some will succeed. We are keeping clean sheets which suggests defensively the team are ok so somebody must be doing some good work. The flare players always get noticed (and rightly so) but what I have liked about the reports is the comment about how hard they have worked and have done this as a unit which suggests they are listening to coaches and have good team ethic.

I am sure their efforts are not lost on JP.

11 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Tbh Jordan should have buried 2 in the first half but they came up against a team that done their homework on Wednesday and they definitely made it hard but as they say “Cream always rises to the top “.

Never mind about the misses if getting in right area that is the key and as you say it came good in the end.

13 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Tbh Jordan should have buried 2 in the first half but they came up against a team that done their homework on Wednesday and they definitely made it hard but as they say “Cream always rises to the top “.

Played very well, certainly handled their No.2, thought he'd nobbled Jordan when he ploughed that furrow on the sliding tackle. Fair play to him, he got up and shook hands. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Quist said:

I see some folks asking how these players would do in first team. I think no one really knows until they get a chance. Matt Penney has shone at lower levels and never got a chance he went out on loan and did not get a chance but has looked comfortable in Championship. Think to succeed at higher levels now you have to have some pace or be able to sustain high tempo. If you can control ball and have a good technical ability that makes you a certainty to succeed.

Thorniley works ever so hard for a defender really puts a shift in and that is why he is holding a place down. He is also brave and gets stuck in.

Penney is quick across the ground has good balance and keeps going. He gets in right areas and wants the ball. 

Thorniley was not tipped by many if any to succeed but his determination has got him through. Penney was seen by many as a player and they were correct. 

In view of good results I am certain there will be some good players in the team and no doubt some will succeed. We are keeping clean sheets which suggests defensively the team are ok so somebody must be doing some good work. The flare players always get noticed (and rightly so) but what I have liked about the reports is the comment about how hard they have worked and have done this as a unit which suggests they are listening to coaches and have good team ethic.

I am sure their efforts are not lost on JP.

Never mind about the misses if getting in right area that is the key and as you say it came good in the end.

Totally agree Quist, Jordan’s runs can be exceptional at times so you are bang on the money with getting into the positions being most important at the moment for him.