Sheffield Wednesday 2 : 2 Stoke (OMDT thingy)

Quality omtt as per. Loving the tab-lord journalism. Spoof city, Arizona. Now that's what I call fake news.

We were strong before the break, why shouldn't we be after? We will win 2-1 again. It's becoming our signature win scoreline.

UTO.

ps  Really would love to see Rowett's smacked aarse face tonight. Again!

Edited by The only way is S6

Probably your best ever Pauli. Will read later when I can be arsed over a glass of perry and a bag of pickled onion monster munch.

Stoke are sheeite so we’ll probably win 23-0 (Nuhiu 23).

Ragged Tay Tay last night then cast her off like a worn shoe. A woman scorned is three points for Wednesday as the old saying goes. You should all try scorning your women.

Scorned a hat-trick. Blasted into the top scorner. We’re going to scorner in a minute etc

What was I saying? Feck knows, lost my thread, this one will have to do instead.

UTO WTID FTB WAWAW

59 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

In which case my humblest apologies @t'owl and thank you @Lord Snooty for showing me the error of my ways.

There's no need old fruit. The mention of Wilder can do funny things to a man.

Old Warnock, he was always saying similar things. But always with that knowing smirk. A wind up. A bit of banter with us - that if we're honest we all enjoyed.

But with Wilder....there's a seriousness. He means it. He genuinly is 'one of them' - obsessed.

Cheers Snoots, top job.

Looking forward to this one - pleasantly nervy as they’re a good side on paper but there’s been a bit of much-missed magic in the air of late.

And no I’m not talking about the gangway areas nearest the curry kiosk midway through second half  :picnic:

The Wednesday 3, Alton Towers FC 1

5 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

The rumours on their forum are that Bojan won’t start so that may be a bullet dodged. Just get a feeling Tom Ince is on a Downward trajectory career wise. Not as fearful as I would’ve been facing him a year ago. Plus Penney will be ready for this I’m sure.

and on the last duel would prefer bannan in my team to Allen but acknowledge Allen is a class act at this level.

im strangely confident for this one and going to predict a mind boggling 2-1 win. 

Hope you are right about Ince, but I fear it’s wishful thinking. He’s 26 and a goal machine and assist machine from RW in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Hope you are right about Ince, but I fear it’s wishful thinking. He’s 26 and a goal machine and assist machine from RW in the Championship.

Instead of doing an impersonation of lord haw haw....why don't you you tell us how an in form Wednesday can do them in?

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Instead of doing an impersonation of lord haw haw....why don't you you tell us how an in form Wednesday can do them in?

OK. Heard it here first.

Stoke fans think their defence struggles against pace. In Joao and Matias we have pace to burn. Joao is on fire, and Matias has nearly threatened. If Marco can have a good one, and Joao continues his form, and Jos plays both of them off a Nuhiu or Fletcher* I think we have a great chance.

In midfield I think our Joey-Bannan-Reach is the dog’s wotsits at present. Our form with those three in tandem (Goodies tri-bike thing) is off the scale. 

I can make a case for Fletch starting over Nuhiu, down to freshness. Also, Atdhe is a game-changer sub where Fletch isn’t. However, I think the height of Nuhiu and Joao at defensive set-pieces v Stoke tips it in Atdhe’s favour. He can rest v Forest.

If we are leading with 25 to go I could even see a case for Fletch coming on for Marco, giving us belt, braces and an extra belt.

That do?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

A season where they finish above us on goal difference is seen as being worthy of an open top bus ride and civic reception.

And there's still room on their honours board for this as well. 

As for today's match, I've a feeling in my waters that it's going to be a goalfest today. Something daft and unexpected like a 4-3. And that was before  I watched the video of the Chelsea match from 1985 in another thread.

Come on you Owls.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

OK. Heard it here first.

Stoke fans think their defence struggles against pace. In Joao and Matias we have pace to burn. Joao is on fire, and Matias has nearly threatened. If Marco can have a good one, and Joao continues his form, and Jos plays both of them off a Nuhiu or Fletcher* I think we have a great chance.

In midfield I think our Joey-Bannan-Reach is the dog’s wotsits at present. Our form with those three in tandem (Goodies tri-bike thing) is off the scale. 

I can make a case for Fletch starting over Nuhiu, down to freshness. Also, Atdhe is a game-changer sub where Fletch isn’t. However, I think the height of Nuhiu and Joao at defensive set-pieces v Stoke tips it in Atdhe’s favour. He can rest v Forest.

If we are leading with 25 to go I could even see a case for Fletch coming on for Marco, giving us belt, braces and an extra belt.

That do?

You spelled Joel wrong.... but a fair effort.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

You spelled Joel wrong.... but a fair effort.

Also, I can never remember if it’s Atdhe or Adthe. It’s age. I have used either so often that my auto-correct doesn’t help now cos it doesn’t know either.

• Like 1