Sheffield Wednesday 2 : 2 Stoke (OMDT thingy)

Some big contests today that will shape the match.

Penney v Ince - massive ask of Matt. Up against the best winger in the division at the peak of his powers. Ince’s final ball or shot is lethal, so one slip may be crucial.

Palmer v Bojan - a big step up from any LW we have faced so far. 

Bannan v Allen - which one will win their duel and control more of the game? 

Really looking forward to this game. We will know a lot more about our strength by 4:55.

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Some big contests today that will shape the match.

Penney v Ince - massive ask of Matt. Up against the best winger in the division at the peak of his powers. Ince’s final ball or shot is lethal, so one slip may be crucial.

Palmer v Bojan - a big step up from any LW we have faced so far. 

Bannan v Allen - which one will win their duel and control more of the game? 

Really looking forward to this game. We will know a lot more about our strength by 4:55.

The rumours on their forum are that Bojan won’t start so that may be a bullet dodged. Just get a feeling Tom Ince is on a Downward trajectory career wise. Not as fearful as I would’ve been facing him a year ago. Plus Penney will be ready for this I’m sure.

and on the last duel would prefer bannan in my team to Allen but acknowledge Allen is a class act at this level.

im strangely confident for this one and going to predict a mind boggling 2-1 win. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Some say the beast that resides in the Golden Globe is a  Gollom like creature. Banished to reside in the Golden Globe until Wednesday rise again to the Premier League. Some say he was once the Account Manager at the Co Op Bank when they took on the Club's debt, and was banished there following our fall from the Premier League.

I think the Bank may have forgotten he was up there

lol

images.jpeg

This makes total sense

But what's with the picture of Dwight Gayle?

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Can't wait!

2-1 Wednesday, we always score 2, we always let 1 in.

Not lost at home for 6-months. Stoke are a bit ba ba

Nailed on! @2/1 to win

overtake the piggies tomoz.

Sun will be out

Beer will be flowing

God will be in his heaven

And all is right in the world.

Drugs don't allus not work..

:stuwinky:

Now you have cursed it!

27 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Thanks Your Lordship, wonderful OMDT

Those headlines

If I'd known you were planning such a comprehensive round-up of the international break

I'd have spent the last fortnight in bed  :biggrin:

Im right beside you on that one ETT..

"Give Peas a chance" 

Especially with Hendos n a pie .lol

Laughing Gravy.jpg

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

What the f*ck has that truffle hunting tw*t got to do with anything?

To be fair to @t'owl that's my fault. I think it was reference to the papers and the fact the gruntbeast never manages to do an interview without some sly dig at us an how poor he is.

Which ,of course, the local press lap up.

wilder.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

A very good morning to you all, yet another excellent intro to the days’ proceedings from mi’lud - far better than anything from those clickbait merchants that Stubbs has you perusing.

My last game for a while so we’d best make it count. Against Ipswich I finally threw off the curse of guaranteeing a loss by turning up, and I’ve never seen us play Stoke so there’s not even some horrible record there either. So expect us to get hammered :ph34r:

Disregarding the fact that I've already predetermined the outcome - it’s a very interesting game this one, bringing together two sides where it’s hard to tell which direction either are heading in. We’ve won three in a row, but there’s still a sense that we may be flattering to deceive - if we’re being honest those wins came against two terrible sides and one decent one that didn’t turn up. Stoke meanwhile have probably got the strongest squad in the league on paper and Rowett seemed to be the perfect appointment for them, but their start to the season has been horrible.

I worry about today, as Stoke have the quality to do real damage, especially through Joe Allen. But we’ve surely got the upper hand in terms of morale and momentum, and we haven’t looked like pushovers at home since Spring. Players like Berahino, Diouf and even Ince (less consistent than McClean, hence why his injury is a stroke of luck) are more than capable of turning in an off day, so let's do our best to induce one. 

I reckon Rowett will have whipped them into better shape after the international break but we’ll still be well up for it and frustrate them in their attempts to kick start their promotion push.

Oh and sod's law dictates that Berahino is going to score. Pray God I’m wrong.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Wednesday 2-2 Stoke

(Etebo 19, Joao 25, Berahino 58, Thorniley 87)

What are the odds on the result and the scorers in an accumulator? 

I suspect tempting and yet within the realms of possibility.

lol

10 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

No mate that's the bloke who used to  own the paper shop near the "Triangle" bottom of Wadsley Lane

old man "Pinder" it was ....

UTO Mrs Hall .......

In which case I'm off up there to get the b*stard because he short changed me 2p in January '73 for 10 No 6

And that's how to get six digits into one sentence, unless you count the word "Dingles":biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VictoryBell said:

In which case I'm off up there to get the b*stard because he short changed me 2p in January '73 for 10 No 6

And that's how to get six digits into one sentence, unless you count the word "Dingles":biggrin:

Hey VB great to see you back !!!!

What you having for lunch today ? 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be fair to @t'owl that's my fault. I think it was reference to the papers and the fact the gruntbeast never manages to do an interview without some sly dig at us an how poor he is.

Which ,of course, the local press lap up.

wilder.png

I hate to say it, but it must be something in the water at the stain. Wilder is another freak of nature, like Warnock before him. Two different styles of football, but the same team ethic.

Maybe part of the Sourcery that they perform is to select managers who's name begins with 

w

I wonder why?

Stoke have one of the best squads in the league, that said I don't particularly rate Rowett, but still a difficult game.

My only concern is that international breaks have a habit of resetting form, just hope we can maintain momentum.

2-1 seems to be our go to scoreline and hope for another win, wouldn't be surprised with a draw though.