Worst Signing Ever

18 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Yeah...........i remember him getting rid of Sheridan , and then a few weeks later saying we needed someone who could "manipulate the ball".............Jim Magilton was his answer...........to$$er.

Yep. Wouldn't pick Sheridan. Got rid of Sheridan. Replaced him with someone who should have been getting paid to clean Sheridan's boots.

Magilton was dogshit. Expensive dogshit.

3 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Francis Jeffers. Arrogant useless spineless individual and also practically injured all the time. But what gets me the most the t##t was laughing his head off coming out the ground 30 mins after being relegated last match of the season.

Didn't know that, wtf

11 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Yep. Wouldn't pick Sheridan. Got rid of Sheridan. Replaced him with someone who should have been getting paid to clean Sheridan's boots.

Magilton was dogshit. Expensive dogshit.

Magilton might not have worked for us but he wasn’t dogshit at all - he had a very good career int the top 2 divisions and at international level.

44 minutes ago, Minton said:

I hate Pleat with a burning passion. From the eyes of a child, I watched him dismantle my childhood team, letting players like Waddle, Walker, Bart-Williams, Sheridan, Bright and Hirst (with a fair few others) go and replacing them with dross like Magilton, Sedloski, Sanetti, Oakes, Trustfull, McKeever, Collins, Billington, etc. 

He was the beginning of the end for us, I'd argue we still haven't recovered from his tenure.

Agree with all this, although I don't think we can blame Pleat for Des Walker leaving...

We have in my life time signed some utter trash.

The first I remember was possibly Steven Downs.

However Aman Abdi has moved to the top of my list.

Since arriving at S6 he has only managed to play 2 championship games for the full 90min.

I dont Know how much he will have cost us, but IF he cost £4,000,000 to buy and his 

supposed wage is £35,000 per week.

That equates to £35,000 x 156 weeks (three years) = £5,460,000 in wages.

Which is a total cost of £9,460,000

The sooner he leaves S6 the better.

UTO

What prevents me from choosing Rhodes as the worst signing is that fact that in the half-season after we first signed him what he did do was very valuable in the race to get into the Play-offs. Off the top my head he scored the winning/"go-ahead" goals against Birmingham and Norwich, and assisted the winning/"go-ahead" goals against Wigan, QPR, and Cardiff. The other thing is that his previous reputation meant that his presence drew opposition defenders away from our other forwards.

1 hour ago, ka58 said:

Magilton might not have worked for us but he wasn’t dogshit at all - he had a very good career int the top 2 divisions and at international level.

He was a lower end Premier league player at best. I watched him plenty before i signed him and thought he was rubbish. We were a Premier League team who finished 7th the year before and had DICanio and Carbone up front.

Magilton was a dreadful signing at the time. 

5 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Patrick Blondeau!!   Without a doubt.

Reported fee of £1.8m in 1997 (?) A large amount at that time.

Played 6 games. -  and every one a disaster IIRC.

Don't know how much we moved him on for, or if he left on a free.

Thinking back even a 'free' would have been too much.lol

I find this site helpful - transferleague.co.uk