Hurricane Florence

Just seen Wilmington North Carolina being absolutely battered by Hurricane Florence.

Remember being there around 2006 for our pre season tour and our game against Wilmington had a 45 minute delay before kickoff for the second half due to torrential rain.

Queue around 100 Wednesdayites partying in the concourse much to the amazement of the locals whilst the Wilmington Chairman , in true Yank style, never one to miss an opportunity, opened an extra bar and encouraged the locals to join in!

DD203779-1F54-42DE-8F35-70C2B17910C5.jpeg

8FEBCFF9-C490-4C2B-A2DB-727E4B2A2808.jpeg

A940E197-8A65-46BB-A9AA-4A2C9FD93526.jpeg

534B92EE-AAD0-46F1-8B7A-1AF4F59A8CA5.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The big guy - if I've got this right - was a bouncer at the Park Hotel. Name of Neil?

I'm pretty sure he once went nose to nose with a tram I was on, refusing to let it proceed from the tram stop at the Masons on Langsett Road.

The driver wasn't going argue and he kept the doors closed...

7 minutes ago, Treborowl said:

The big guy - if I've got this right - was a bouncer at the Park Hotel. Name of Neil?

I'm pretty sure he once went nose to nose with a tram I was on, refusing to let it proceed from the tram stop at the Masons on Langsett Road.

The driver wasn't going argue and he kept the doors closed...

That’s not Neil

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Just seen Wilmington North Carolina being absolutely battered by Hurricane Florence.

Remember being there around 2006 for our pre season tour and our game against Wilmington had a 45 minute delay before kickoff for the second half due to torrential rain.

Queue around 100 Wednesdayites partying in the concourse much to the amazement of the locals whilst the Wilmington Chairman , in true Yank style, never one to miss an opportunity, opened an extra bar and encouraged the locals to join in!

DD203779-1F54-42DE-8F35-70C2B17910C5.jpeg

8FEBCFF9-C490-4C2B-A2DB-727E4B2A2808.jpeg

A940E197-8A65-46BB-A9AA-4A2C9FD93526.jpeg

534B92EE-AAD0-46F1-8B7A-1AF4F59A8CA5.jpeg

Is the big lad an ex copper? I can't remember his name and we were never on speaking terms, but seen him around a bit and exchanged a few comments with him on occasion. An old mate of mine who disappeared a few years ago called Sykes, reckoned he got mistaken for him once by the PBC down town. Sykes couldn't understand the attention he was getting and after a few comments were exchanged, before he knew what was happening he got knocked to the floor and booted everywhere apart from in his face. He was in a right state but his mates got him out of there and somebody told him afterwards that he had been mistaken for the big man who apparently was an ex copper that was sometimes a bit heavy handed with the boys in red and white when on duty at the lane.

Any of this ring true? I'd forgotten all about it until I saw the photo and read some of the earlier comments.

UTO!