Sheffield Wednesday vs West Brom - Ticket prices revealed

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, Watto said:

If someone is being priced out by their own club who can't afford a season ticket then I don't blame them for going away and paying less, more enjoyable day going away and if they've managed to get someone's id then fair enough !

He actually said he could afford it.  Thats why i asked what you were disagreeing with?

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

Now I can understand people wetting their beds over tickets at £49. But possibly the daftest thing I’ve read on owlstalk is “ I would go if it was £25 but I’m not paying £28”.

£28 is quite reasonable, but I’m sure there will be excuses trotted out as to why people can’t go.

Ok, for someone like me who isn’t a member it’s £33 minimum. 

Two of my mates have a season ticket on the loo. I haven’t been this season, barely last season for one reason or another. I fancied the Wolves game as it was a tenner but they weren’t going. Mentioned the Ipswich game but only was was going so gave it a miss.

So I’ve been kinda itching to go. Opened this thread thinking hmm, If it’s £20-£25 I’ll drop em a message and go with them. 

At £33 the club can suck my **** 

It’s a midweek match, so less attractive for numerous reasons. Vs West Brom (doesn’t matter who we play to me, but does to some). Instead I can watch it in a nice warm home, with my feet up, maybe a beer. 

I’m saving £50 minimum by staying in.

I could be wrong but I’d assume there are hundreds if not thousands who feel similar to me.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Ok, for someone like me who isn’t a member it’s £33 minimum. 

Two of my mates have a season ticket on the loo. I haven’t been this season, barely last season for one reason or another. I fancied the Wolves game as it was a tenner but they weren’t going. Mentioned the Ipswich game but only was was going so gave it a miss.

So I’ve been kinda itching to go. Opened this thread thinking hmm, If it’s £20-£25 I’ll drop em a message and go with them. 

At £33 the club can suck my **** 

It’s a midweek match, so less attractive for numerous reasons. Vs West Brom (doesn’t matter who we play to me, but does to some). Instead I can watch it in a nice warm home, with my feet up, maybe a beer. 

I’m saving £50 minimum by staying in.

I could be wrong but I’d assume there are hundreds if not thousands who feel similar to me.

They should REALLY see a doctor.

lol

• Haha 3

Sheffield Wednesday are in trouble with FFP and need an extra source of income 

If they sold tickets for £25 a game for every 1,000 fans that would be £25,000 a game over the remaining home games this season that 20 games that would be £500,000 so for every 1,000 tickets they sold at £25 they would get 1/2m in additional revenue in.

Instead we price the ticket at £33 to £39 a barely anyone turns up. The midweek attendance will be 22,000 - 25,000 so that leave at least 10,000 empty seats (account for SAG/SYP restrictions), even if these were sold at just £25 a seat  thats potentially £5m additional turnover this season.

Yes this is cheaper than season tickets for some, or cheaper than other are paying but the simple fact of the matter is we need additional income, this can only come from 3 source the fans, sponsorship/corporate or the sale of players. We don't sell players, the chairman is asking for silly money for sponsorship/corporate packages and we are pricing the walk up fans out of going to the games something has to change or next season and the one after, we will once again be under embargo's

7 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

@Watto   @Andover Owl  can i ask what you disagree with? 

Right ok

@JAMES O CONNOR I believe probably lives nearer the city ground than Hillsborough.

Midweek game which can be accessed through the red button on sky.

Ridiculously overpriced ticket prices , cheapest £28 if you purchase a £50 membership seriously WTF?

While we're asking questions here's a couple for you Willow.

1. If Chansiri continues with the aggressive POTG pricing policy where will the next generation of wednesdayites come from?

2. Are you a club employee?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
3 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

Right ok

@JAMES O CONNOR I believe probably lives nearer the city ground than Hillsborough.

Midweek game which can be accessed through the red button on sky.

Ridiculously overpriced ticket prices , cheapest £28 if you purchase a £50 membership seriously WTF?

While we're asking questions here's a couple for you Willow.

1. If Chansiri continues with the aggressive POTG pricing policy where will the next generation of wednesdayites come from?

2. Are you a club employee?

You still havent answered me. I asked JOC a couple of questions and you disagreed. Surely you disagree with answers or opinions, not the actual question? I'm also pretty sure he can answer for himself.

I also said i preferred to put money into my own club rather than anyone elses, is that what you disagree with?

You have then gone on a rant about ticket pricing and membership as though i agree with current pricing. If you care to look back at some of my previous posts you will find i disagree with current potg pricing. 

In answer to questions :

1- current season ticket prices for junior and under 21's are as competitive as most in this league. 

2- no i dont work for the club, why do you ask. 

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 21:14, TINKERBELL said:

Can you jump in a Euro fighter typhoon and put your life on the line

Can you go do what a lot of NHS staff do and save lives

Not looking for an argument just saying its what I'd do 

Look Tinks if the sewerage worker stopped shovelling what he has to shovel we would all get cholera. So he is every bit as valuable as the man or woman who has the ability to supervise recovery from Cholera !

12 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

You still havent answered me. I asked JOC a couple of questions and you disagreed. Surely you disagree with answers or opinions, not the actual question? I'm also pretty sure he can answer for himself.

I also said i preferred to put money into my own club rather than anyone elses, is that what you disagree with?

You have then gone on a rant about ticket pricing and membership as though i agree with current pricing. If you care to look back at some of my previous posts you will find i disagree with current potg pricing. 

In answer to questions :

1- current season ticket prices for junior and under 21's are as competitive as most in this league. 

2- no i dont work for the club, why do you ask. 

Don't disagree at all with the prices in you're answer

What about prices for adults for a midweek game that can be watched on sky

I asked the second question because of you're stance whenever the club is questioned about anything

Mind you you're certainly not alone with that one.

4 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Don't disagree at all with the prices in you're answer

What about prices for adults for a midweek game that can be watched on sky

I asked the second question because of you're stance whenever the club is questioned about anything

Mind you you're certainly not alone with that one.

For example @Willow Owl you negged this

"It's £33 ffs , only £28 if you have forked out £50 for a membership , that's on the Kop.

Either way to it's too much for a game that is live on sky !"

If you disagree with POTG prices I don't see why you would neg that other than objecting to the grammar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

For example @Willow Owl you negged this

"It's £33 ffs , only £28 if you have forked out £50 for a membership , that's on the Kop.

Either way to it's too much for a game that is live on sky !"

If you disagree with POTG prices I don't see why you would neg that other than objecting to the grammar.

I suppose i was guilty of a little childish  *** for tat negging after being negged without a valid reason. Reasons im still awaiting answers for. 

Does that answer your question 

Edited by Willow Owl
Not finished