Sheffield Wednesday vs West Brom - Ticket prices revealed

Guest addedtime
19 minutes ago, steveger said:

The lecturers and teachers are like predators waiting for the little bunnies.....:ph34r::laugh:

Sounds like you may have had an "incident"?

5 minutes ago, addedtime said:

Sounds like you may have had an "incident"?

Nah mate the staff were sound in my college days, never really paid much attention to their views, or the lectures coming to think about it...

hence i quit my mining and mechanical engineering and hydraulics courses....:laugh:

Now I can understand people wetting their beds over tickets at £49. But possibly the daftest thing I’ve read on owlstalk is “ I would go if it was £25 but I’m not paying £28”.

£28 is quite reasonable, but I’m sure there will be excuses trotted out as to why people can’t go.

22 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Now I can understand people wetting their beds over tickets at £49. But possibly the daftest thing I’ve read on owlstalk is “ I would go if it was £25 but I’m not paying £28”.

£28 is quite reasonable, but I’m sure there will be excuses trotted out as to why people can’t go.

It's £33 ffs , only £28 if you have forked out £50 for a membership , that's on the Kop.

Either way to it's too much for a game that is live on sky !

19 minutes ago, Plonk said:

For a midweek games that's live on tv Chansiri needed to make it cheap to attract the walk up.He hasn't, he never does . HE has an issue with pay on the day supporters and is hell bent on driving them away with the prices he charges.  There won't be any POTD fans for this game .

And I'm saying this as a season ticket holder.  POTD supporters are every bit as important as ST holders. The away following will also be affected because it's on tv . 

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

That's confusing. You are complaining about ticket prices and you won't pay £36 to watch Wednesday play second division football Yet you're willing to pay £25 to go to Forest and watch second division. Surely you will spend more going to Forest with all the travelling etc. Me personally, i would prefer to put money into my club rather than someone else's club. Also, how did you manage to get a ticket? You needed priority points and correct me if im wrong you dont have a season ticket. 

@Watto   @Andover Owl  can i ask what you disagree with? 

26 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The " I'm alright Jack's " arnt bothered about lifelong fans being priced out of going.

Not at all. But where were all these  priced out fans when it was ten quid the other week. Been shown time and again cheap tickets don’t mean big crowds. 

18 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Not at all. But where were all these  priced out fans when it was ten quid the other week. Been shown time and again cheap tickets don’t mean big crowds. 

Expensive one guarentee it won't be a big crowd. At least when the tickets are priced correctly people have the option of going knowing it's affordable. At these prices people are priced out.

13 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

First, good on you. I do that too. 

Don't agree that 28 quid is off, it's about the right balance between generating the revenue to pay for the team and trying to attract fans. Someone said if it was 25 they'd go. TBH if you are worrying about 3 quid, and ive been there, find a pub.

I wouldn't say it's worrying about it, but everybody has a breaking point. I could pay £36 to sit next to my parents in the Grandstand, but personally I feel it's too expensive, so I don't, and that's ignoring the fact that this game is live on Sky Sports. 

I could understand this pricing if we were top of the league and most games sold out, in reality we should be doing everything to try and put bums on 20,000 empty seats, and try and get a bit of cash into the coffers. Simply whacking the prices up doesn't work, and any POTG walk up fans have virtually disappeared. The other problem is, once you get out of the habit of going to games, it becomes difficult to get back into the habit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

@Watto   @Andover Owl  can i ask what you disagree with? 

If someone is being priced out by their own club who can't afford a season ticket then I don't blame them for going away and paying less, more enjoyable day going away and if they've managed to get someone's id then fair enough !

This game is live on sky any floater fans thinking of going will be put off by the prices.

The club get paid £250,000 for every game screened live on sky at home, I know they are a former Premier league team but there needs to be a massive rethink on pricing or with the ever improving service for all midweek games being shown on sky tv attendance will continue to fall. For the premier league this is not an issue for for us where it is one of our biggest revenue streams we are cutting off our nose to spite our face.

This game will come a few weeks after 100,000 student return to Sheffield we have 10,000+ empty seats most games why are we not filling these seats at £15 a time for students - £33 the cheapest student ticket is the club having a laugh, student not from Sheffield are not going to become members for 1 game but if they come to a well priced game enjoy it they may come back but at £33 this is not going to happen is it. 

Also West Brom are charging their fans £33 for adults and £23 concession how are they able to charge less than the home fans have to pay.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/september/sheffield-wednesday-ticket-details/

• Thanks 1

It's like DC refuses to see what is in front of his nose.Take the Millwall game the other week. The attendance was basically ST holders and a handful of away fans. No walk up what so ever..you cannot charge these prices for midweek games anymore when they are all shown live on tv.

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

It's like DC refuses to see what is in front of his nose.Take the Millwall game the other week. The attendance was basically ST holders and a handful of away fans. No walk up what so ever..you cannot charge these prices for midweek games anymore when they are all shown live on tv.

10th best average in the division.

And still I've not heard a valid argument for these prices?

Cup games are different , when the price is £10/£15 and the opposition unattractive, those prices are fair enough but £36 on the North ,midweek and on sky , come off it DC your taking the pi.ss

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

This game is live on sky any floater fans thinking of going will be put off by the prices.

The club get paid £250,000 for every game screened live on sky at home, I know they are a former Premier league team but there needs to be a massive rethink on pricing or with the ever improving service for all midweek games being shown on sky tv attendance will continue to fall. For the premier league this is not an issue for for us where it is one of our biggest revenue streams we are cutting off our nose to spite our face.

This game will come a few weeks after 100,000 student return to Sheffield we have 10,000+ empty seats most games why are we not filling these seats at £15 a time for students - £33 the cheapest student ticket is the club having a laugh, student not from Sheffield are not going to become members for 1 game but if they come to a well priced game enjoy it they may come back but at £33 this is not going to happen is it. 

Also West Brom are charging their fans £33 for adults and £23 concession how are they able to charge less than the home fans have to pay.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/september/sheffield-wednesday-ticket-details/

It is £33 for non-members on the kop, so West Brom fans are being charged the same based on a comparative stand. 

34 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I agree entirely it's too much and has been for several years.

I think £25 would be about right.

But suppose it was £25 how many more would you expect to attend, my guess a couple of thousand more. Full house every other week if near/top of the league, but still close to full house on present prices

I get the, it makes for a better atmosphere...better for the team etc.. but a few thousand more at 25 quid wouldn't make sense financially speaking.

We are in the shyteola with ffp, every penny counts now.

If we were not beholden to the ffp overlords then fooookin ell, no excuse cut the entrance fee.

It's too late now, should have been demonstrations at the onset but many couldn't see beyond the foook em if they can't afford it, you have to pay to watch the best blah blah blah. Some did say that btw and many were just indifferent.

It was very obvious what the plan was, every foooker buy a (relatively cheap) season ticket or you ain't coming.

Once that happens, when hard times come...and they always do..youv'e lost the casuals for good.