The Championship just got all serious

1 hour ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Can hardly be surprised about the PL fast becoming a closed shop given the growing Americanisation of football in this country especially with the likes of Arsenal,Man Utd,Liverpool etc under US Ownership.WTF:

The franchise model is being taken up by cricket with this new "city based" competition starting in 2020. Needless to say, nobody from outside West Yorkshire will be supporting a team called L**ds but the EWCB, like the EFL and Premier League, aren't really bothered about the real fans. TV revenue in the top two divisions will replace all the fans eventually.

I can see football following a franchise model before too long, especially with a European Premier League, which will drain even more attention from clubs outside the top six in England.

We're approaching the "End Game" of the present system.

European/World Super League with games staged all over the place,, Premiership 1 and 2 here at home and everyone else can fuckoff.

We have very limited time to climb aboard the gravy train and those already on of tecently departed are trying to close the doors and hold onto their seats.

I'd be a bit worried if we weren't about to be promoted.

8 hours ago, eugene said:

Have told this story on here before. This was my lads very first away game when he was 5. Went on the train from Stockport, had a couple of beers and grabbed a quick Maccies before the game. Train home, he said nowt just had a sleep, get home and his Mum says 'Hiya mate, have you had a good day? How was your first away game?' 

'Mum...what's chlamydia?'  came the reply 

He hasn't been allowed away since :laugh:

Brilliant. 

Hope his ban is lifted soon!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

The franchise model is being taken up by cricket with this new "city based" competition starting in 2020. Needless to say, nobody from outside West Yorkshire will be supporting a team called L**ds but the EWCB, like the EFL and Premier League, aren't really bothered about the real fans. TV revenue in the top two divisions will replace all the fans eventually. 

I can see football following a franchise model before too long, especially with a European Premier League, which will drain even more attention from clubs outside the top six in England.

the biggest worry in all of that is that it could ultimately lead to the Two Sheffield Clubs ultimately Disappearing and being replaced by a soulless super Franchise like you just mentioned. WTF:WTF:

5 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

the biggest worry in all of that is that it could ultimately lead to the Two Sheffield Clubs ultimately Disappearing and being replaced by a soulless super Franchise like you just mentioned. WTF:WTF:

If I'm still around  that'll be the last straw with me and football

8 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

I think promotion and relegation is vital for the Premier League. Interest would wither away without it. 

TBH, the relegated teams ought to get back up with their parachute payments. These probably will only get bigger as the PL seek to protect their own interests. after all turkeys wouldn't vote for Christmas would they? Is the PL all that interesting anyway? It's a fight between six teams for the top four places and fourteen trying to stay there.  

11 minutes ago, steelowl said:

If I'm still around  that'll be the last straw with me and football

Same here.Rupert and James Murdoch and his other Right Wing Cronies at News Corp who virtually own SKY TV in all but name have virtually killed sport in this country.:mad::mad::mad:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Think we will be ok, that is why we waited. Part of me thinks that Birmingham will get 3pts and a fine. Think it is just a mess from the EFL this soft embargo is a joke if they are going to dish out fines or deductions then they should have clear rules. So all clubs know that if they overspend by a certain amount the fine or deduction will be a set amount.

Looks like the EFL just make it up as they go along. 

Personally would like to see this FFP scrapped but if not be clear on the punishments and upfront so all clubs know.

i'd like to see it challenged in a court of law when weighed against 'parachute payments' considering a non even playing field.

Leicester Portsmouth QPR Wolves, etc, all clubs that have gotten away with it.... Birmingham aren't a fashionable club anymore, bit like us really, hated by the old guard.
Good luck to Brum, hope they beat the points deduction....which, to be honest comes from a journalists doom and gloom keyboard, so I wouldn't expect it to happen.

15 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Ended mid August.

Joao and Bannan resigned about a week after.

I would guess that when our embargo ended there were certain conditions attached. Presumably we had to show that we had some sort plans in place to reduce future losses. 

• Thanks 1