The Championship just got all serious

22 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

While ever  clubs relegated from the prem are rewarded for failure with millions of pounds , FFP will always be a joke. 

Agree 100%.

Parachute payments doesn't help create a level playing field.  In fact it has the complete opposite effect.  

Sooner it is scrapped, the better football will be.

3 hours ago, smhouston said:

Don't understand why people are asking what it means for us. We've been taken out of it so have satisfied the EFL

Despite what our fans were saying, sounds like Mr Chansiri was right not doing any transfers. Also again contrary to our fans believes and feel like they should know everything, but I think it was a good move from him by not announcing we was under one which would have opened up the doors for clubs to offer rubbish money for our players

You really believe other clubs didn’t know?!

Come on, let’s be serious here. 

11 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Hmmm. The cynic in me thinks it’s more to allow premier league clubs an easier return ticket. 

Wouldn't surprise me. 

For years, various Prem Chairman have talked about the league becoming a closed shop or having a Prem 1 and 2. 

We all know that EFL continually kowtows to every whim of the PL. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Wouldn't surprise me. 

For years, various Prem Chairman have talked about the league becoming a closed shop or having a Prem 1 and 2. 

We all know that EFL continually kowtows to every whim of the PL. 

Can hardly be surprised about the PL fast becoming a closed shop given the growing Americanisation of football in this country especially with the likes of Arsenal,Man Utd,Liverpool etc under US Ownership.WTF:

Scrapping parachute payments is turkeys voting for Christmas. People forget football is made up of a number of entities. Premier League, Football League and the FA. They may as well represent different sports. They each have very different objectives, with little correlation. 

2 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Astute business this last window from DC. Extend B.B. and LJ deals giving em some value. Should get 15m for both next summer plus about 8-10 for FF.

problems solved!

Give it a rest, you boring f00king troll. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Interesting that other clubs apparently complained about Brum. Presumably more for their flagrant disregard of the conditions of their ‘soft’ embargo rather than generally being in the kind of debt so many are in / close to.

It's a dog eat dog world this football caper... I hope there's a spiteful brainiac at our club keeping a beady eye on our rivals with the EFL on speed dial.

Think Brum will be in big shyte (the sort DC was on about for us next year)

If they don't hammer them, what's to stop a rich chairman thinking foook that, it's easily worth the risk.

Brum will take em to court, could get reyt messy and I think Brum would have a chance of winning, unfair restrictions, unknown punishments blah blah

1 hour ago, Ronio said:

Agree 100%.

Parachute payments doesn't help create a level playing field.  In fact it has the complete opposite effect.  

Sooner it is scrapped, the better football will be.

How would relegated teams cope without it ? I think the money should go towards contracted players not to splashing out on new recruits .

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Scrapping parachute payments is turkeys voting for Christmas. People forget football is made up of a number of entities. Premier League, Football League and the FA. They may as well represent different sports. They each have very different objectives, with little correlation. 

Whilst I agree with your first sentence, let me ask you this.  If you had a choice as ridiculous as it sounds, what would it be, scrap parachute payments or keep it as it is?