ENGLAND vs SPAIN - Official Matchday Thread

A bit like in the World Cup Spain dominant for large periods but not clinical with it and should have got caught out at the end. Generally a fair bit between the two sides though, can't see us getting a result in Spain.

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Just another money making scheme for football. 

The international calendar hasn't changed so we would be playing meaningless friendlies at this time anyway. At least this format has a purpose and something to gain at the end of it.

We were second best for most of the game but still created the best chances and if Rashford  could finish (and if the ref wasn't so completely incompetent) we would have won 4-2. For all of their lovely possession they didn't create much and their second goal was a gift.   

that was a 1 out of 10 refereeing performance.

That yellow card for Stones though :tango:

More entertaining game than usual. 

Ref was absolutely atrocious, how the fizz can that be a foul? Gave everything against us. 

Not seen replays of the penalty appeal in the 1st half, although looked another poor decision. 

Southgate needs to up his attacking game. A lot of the ball but still so static, so often we turned back and passed it around the back. Not convinced the back 5 is the way forward as it stifles any attacks. Taking so look to bring on a forward thinking player in Welbevk was very disappointing 

36 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Just another money making scheme for football. 

I doubt this 'league' thing is really goimg to attract any more attention than any other pointless friendly.  Does anyone care more just because someone may or may not get a trophy at the end (i guess there is a trophy?)

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The international calendar hasn't changed so we would be playing meaningless friendlies at this time anyway. At least this format has a purpose and something to gain at the end of it.

It's less tedious than a friendly. Gives players proper caps and experience against other teams at the right level.(we might be a bit high).

Bit still tedious, compared to club football or genuine qualification games.

Quite clear to see, why we are going wrong in this country. That's been do to death.

Edited by Maddogbob

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Second rate team. With a second rate coach for me we could scrap the national team I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep 

I dont expect every single English person to go to England games but Christ that’s a very bizarre opinion 

where’s the pride?