ENGLAND vs SPAIN - Official Matchday Thread

Don't everyone follow the example of the Commentators and Pundits  on TV  and consider that we are one of the top international sides. Look at the results! The thing that sent everybody wild was Harry Kane winning the Golden Boot - the majority of his goals being Penalties. We reached the quarter finals not the final. Yes. England are a team in progress, but no more than that. 

And don't take this as a criticism of the manager and the players. It's the ex-pro's who make us to be something we are not.  men who should know otherwise.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm just pleased that were playing some decent stuff and that I enjoy watching them again.

This entirely. I think the manager did a pretty sensational job, the most important part of that being the recognition that a lot of us had simply lost our connection to the national team. If they wanted our attention again they’d need to earn it.

31 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Don't everyone follow the example of the Commentators and Pundits  on TV  and consider that we are one of the top international sides. Look at the results! The thing that sent everybody wild was Harry Kane winning the Golden Boot - the majority of his goals being Penalties. We reached the quarter finals not the final. Yes. England are a team in progress, but no more than that. 

And don't take this as a criticism of the manager and the players. It's the ex-pro's who make us to be something we are not.  men who should know otherwise.

Suns out, its almost the weekend, woohooo - I will have a quick read of this comment....

Now I want to kill myself

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Quarter finals? You gotta take an L for that, don’t post for a while 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

engo-spain_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq2oUEflmHZZHjcYuvN_Gr-bVmXC2g6irFbtWDjolSHWg.jpg
ENGLAND vs SPAIN
Saturday 8th September
Wembley Stadium
Kick off 7:45pm

Really not bothered about this Nations cup lark, not much more interesting than friendly games.

In my opinion they should only play qualifiers and tournament football , the rest are about players getting match practice and team shape , nothing rlse.

Edited by Watto

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Bit odd how many people are itching to have a pop at the England team despite these young lads making us so proud just a couple of months ago

What's up with everyone these days?

Is it the recession that's drove everyone mentalist?

Not having a pop , it's s distraction from the domestic football and will never compare to following Wedneday.

Just when the season gets going , it's bloody international break time , annoys me and that's why we end up having loads of games jammed into a short space of time 

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Bit odd how many people are itching to have a pop at the England team despite these young lads making us so proud just a couple of months ago

I will sum it up in one sentance.

WE ONLY REALLY CARE ABOUT SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY..

lol

• Like 2

The mission for Southgate in the next two years ... 

Sort out the gap between Henderson & Kane 

Alli & Sterling, for whatever reason (probably lack of bottle), disappear in an England shirt. Lingard turns up occasionally 

Maybe Maddison & Sessegnon can eventually fill those gaps

Looking at our false strikers, its a shame Vardy retired ... Can't blame him really, as he was criminally underused at the WC 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Which recession is that?

7 minutes ago, Watto said:

Not having a pop , it's s distraction from the domestic football and will never compare to following Wedneday.

Just when the season gets going , it's bloody international break time , annoys me and that's why we end up having loads of games jammed into a short space of time 

I agree, although I'd imagine Jos & co welcome the break as a chance to take stock

I'll have to get my footy fix elsewhere

I think BBC are showing both Wales U21 games on the red button - maybe worth a watch if Ash Baker plays?

And their coverage of the FA Cup prelims includes Maltby v Frickley live on Sat'dy 12.30 ko

Watched the previous round on my laptop - Prestwich v Radcliffe

Hardly a thriller but marginally more exciting than last year's final   :dry: