Remember this?

1 minute ago, steveraper said:

Yes, but the birds kept pecking through the tops to get at the cream.

ha ha so true

There was nothing worse than getting milk delivered in the hot summer 

You'd go to get the milk from outside and see the silver top (or whatever colour you had) virtually bursting open, meaning the milk had gone warm and all off n that

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Hat trick of penalties watched on an uncovered Kop................and siled it down for the entire 90 mins !

More penalties that night than we ususally get in an entire season, and I missed it. the only home game I missed that season as I was on holiday.

this same subject been done several times  stood disbelieving on the kop perfect view 

disbelieving because we've always needed a decapitation to get a pen  ( except mclaren who went down quicker than a going down person)   and we got 3  and better yet scored the - unbelievable geoff

Little known fact, or maybe  not, maybe my memory playing tricks (I'm  sure someone will let me know if so) but I'm sure these were only penalties Blair scored for us, I'm also pretty certain that he only took 5, and the others were both against the same team (QPR?) with the Luton game sandwiched in between the missed ones.