Jump to content

IF, you could bring back any Wednesday player from the past into this squad....


Recommended Posts

On 06/09/2018 at 23:35, torryowl said:

anyone who can put colin bell on his arse will do for me …...

TCMC1969_zpsac55f921.jpg

What a player. Pity he was on the go in one of the worse Wednesday sides I have ever watched.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As the squad stands currently then for me it's Des Walker. The reason is simple, he was an awesome defender with rapid pace. This would allow the defensive line to push up the pitch which in turn helps the midfield to support the front players. Means we should be more of a front foot team. Make it happen DC :laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost impossible to answer!!

Hirst, Waddle, Shez, Roland, Di Canio, Lyons, Warhurst, to name a few, but I’m going with Carlton Palmer....and I’m so glad that several other Owlstalkers have chosen him too because sometimes I think that he was underestimated, but clearly not.

I remember when he was left out of the England team and the French manager announced how relieved he, and all his players were at the decision.

Fantastic player , great character and leader, talked the talk and ,crucially, walked the walk.

( I’d give his book a wide berth though, it was atrocious... for Christ’s sake don’t tell him that I said that)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scilly owl said:

Almost impossible to answer!!

Hirst, Waddle, Shez, Roland, Di Canio, Lyons, Warhurst, to name a few, but I’m going with Carlton Palmer....and I’m so glad that several other Owlstalkers have chosen him too because sometimes I think that he was underestimated, but clearly not.

I remember when he was left out of the England team and the French manager announced how relieved he, and all his players were at the decision.

Fantastic player , great character and leader, talked the talk and ,crucially, walked the walk.

( I’d give his book a wide berth though, it was atrocious... for Christ’s sake don’t tell him that I said that)

I think Carlton Palmer would have the biggest impact on our current team so Palmer for me too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/09/2018 at 17:46, OWLERTON GHOST said:

MICK LYONS ...........

Jos would love him in his team..

No passengers on his shift......

 

s-l300.jpg

Lyons or Pearson would be my next choice after Palmer.

 

That shirt tho

:goalie:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/09/2018 at 17:46, OWLERTON GHOST said:

MICK LYONS ...........

Jos would love him in his team..

No passengers on his shift......

 

s-l300.jpg

 

Too right mate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The most influential player weve ever had. Our Makalele, Kante, Fernandinho before it became obvious that this type of player was the fulcrum of a winning team.

Carlton Palmer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/09/2018 at 23:53, Costello 77 said:

I can't understand why TC has a white T shirt on.

Btw I used to be an autograph hunter.

Colin Bell did but he wasn't happy.

 

The only other two were tony Currie and Malcolm Allison who flicked cigar ash into my book.

They weren't the only ones to sign FFS.

If you are short of Prendergast and Paul Weller I'm your man!! 

They won't be originals but I can put "To my bestest mate in the world" and their names no one would no the difference .......

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

I think Carlton Palmer would have the biggest impact on our current team so Palmer for me too.

 

That's a good shout a very underrated player who was a massive presence on the pitch, never stopped running and very verbal.  Was no shrinking violet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...