Squad Rotation

I've heard Richard Madeley is now working for the Sheffield Star / Telegraph. In the Telegraph article on Hooper, Lee etc. Jos is quoted as saying in the Telegraph 

"Opponents have to have a different focus if you play with Lucas or Atdhe, Fernando or Steven.  "We have a lot of different players with different skills. When you play at that high intensity (six games in 16 days), you need to make changes."

I think the size of the squad is still our greatest strength. Its not a sign of weakness changing the team each week. Our opponents won't have a clue which Sheffield Wednesday they will face. 

Jos is clearly going to use the full squad for the course of the season. We can worry about the best eleven if we get to the play off final. 

Imagine the two legs of the play off semis and Jos making 11 changes for the second leg. The opposition will be knackered, but not Wednesday. 

:luhukay:

Even if Jos was a guy that liked a settled XI, the fixture list nowadays makes rotation unavoidable.

that being the case, once the Autumnal temperatures then the winter grind kicks in, id rather have the plethora of quality strikers/players we have than dem pesky blunts for example, who have a good 14 players but thereafter, meh,

i dont think Jos is against a settled back line, also keeping maybe 2 of the 3 midfielders from the previous game,

but up front its pick 2 or 3 out of a hat of 7.. so as you say, how do the opponents plan against that?

I like Jos, hes is actually soooooo cool that some people havent cottoned on yet, and some wont cotton on for a good while.

54 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Even if Jos was a guy that liked a settled XI, the fixture list nowadays makes rotation unavoidable.

that being the case, once the Autumnal temperatures then the winter grind kicks in, id rather have the plethora of quality strikers/players we have than dem pesky blunts for example, who have a good 14 players but thereafter, meh,

i dont think Jos is against a settled back line, also keeping maybe 2 of the 3 midfielders from the previous game,

but up front its pick 2 or 3 out of a hat of 7.. so as you say, how do the opponents plan against that?

I like Jos, hes is actually soooooo cool that some people havent cottoned on yet, and some wont cotton on for a good while.

Jos be as Cool as.........................

Capri.jpg

• Haha 1

The more you use the squad the less chance of them looking for their next move. Sheffield Wednesday is opportunity for everyone in our squad and an incentive for those beneath our squad to kick on because if they do well they will get their chance.

Playing 25-30 games a season is a huge difference on the fitness of any player than playing 40-50. There will be fewer injuries and more bite from those on the bench. A proper healthy environment.

There is more chance of me winning the euromillions than us ever signing another Urby Emanuelson under Jos too which is a bonus. If you want to be here you need to work your undercrackers off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GY-owl.4 said:

He's a lot cooler now than he was in February. 

Watch the YouTube video of his interview after the Reading game. You can see he's really excited about the prospect of working with this squad of players this season. 

He may not scream and shout like the pub teams coach driver, but you can see the Pashunn is there

6 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

The more you use the squad the less chance of them looking for their next move. Sheffield Wednesday is opportunity for everyone in our squad and an incentive for those beneath our squad to kick on because if they do well they will get their chance.

Playing 25-30 games a season is a huge difference on the fitness of any player than playing 40-50. There will be fewer injuries and more bite from those on the bench. A proper healthy environment.

There is more chance of me winning the euromillions than us ever signing another Urby Emanuelson under Jos too which is a bonus. If you want to be here you need to work your undercrackers off.

There's no room for ego's when no one is the first name on the team sheet each week either 

:luhukay:

11 hours ago, Blatter said:

Dawson, Pelupessy, Bannan.

There are players like Bannan who are going to play more often than others. 

Who knows what the future holds, maybe Abdi will make a cameo appearance as Barry Bannan a couple of times this season.