Name a Sheffield Wednesday player you'd totally forgotten..

16 minutes ago, HarryJ said:

Ticker Taylor. Don't know where he came from or where he went but seemed to be instrumental in the promotion from the third division under Charlton.

Then there is the left winger who scored 2 goals at Elland Road in the late 60's to knock Leeds out of the FA Cup after a 1-1 draw at Hillsborough. Can never remember his name.

Showing my age I think!

That was Brian Woodall. I think John Ritchie scored the other goal in a 3-1 win.

10 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Simon "The Coalman" Coleman... The only player to have a nickname that sounded like his actual surname?

Don't forget Kenny Lunt 

Edited by glynnb
Autocorrectbollocks
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HarryJ said:

Ticker Taylor. Don't know where he came from or where he went but seemed to be instrumental in the promotion from the third division under Charlton.

Then there is the left winger who scored 2 goals at Elland Road in the late 60's to knock Leeds out of the FA Cup after a 1-1 draw at Hillsborough. Can never remember his name.

Showing my age I think!

Think Kevin Taylor went to Barnsley after us and never really fulfilled his potential................was rumored to be fond of a light ale or two IIRC.

14 hours ago, mark1948 said:

1769730457_NormanCurtis.jpg.f489b091530036f0ab94c660cf971f88.jpg

Norman Curtis. Obviously I remembered.

He started his Football League career at a relatively late age, moving from Gainsborough Trinity to Sheffield Wednesday in 1950 when aged 25. Curtis went on to make 324 senior appearances (scoring 24 goals) for Wednesday between 1950–60.[1] During his time at Wednesday the club experienced three promotions and three relegations between the First Division and the Second Division. He was nicknamed 'Cannonball' as when he took Wednesday's penalties he ran from inside his own half.[2]

This photo is actually Roy Shiner. 

3 hours ago, OwlinOldham said:

Keith Treacy. I seem the remember the anger from most fans at the time for us not trying to sign him. Turns out he only played 34 more times after that and never again since 2016. Also i forgot about Terry Cooke lol.

Keith Treacy I have no memory of him at all !