Name a Sheffield Wednesday player you'd totally forgotten..

The players that get forgotten tend to have played well enough not to stick out but not bad enough to remember. Ian Nolan, Paul Williams or Carl Shutt. Or youngsters that had promise in the Northern Intermediates or reserves but never made the next step at least with us. Eg Leroy Chambers, or even Scott Sellars who born in Sheffield but never played above junior level for swfc. Or Darko Kovachavic who could not score for us but Real sociadad saw something we couldnt and scored loads for them. Carl Bradshaw ?? Mark Chamberlin never gets mentioned even though he father of Alex Oxlade Chamberlin. Just taken me ages to remember Dez Hazel !!

Michele Di Peidi

Signed to score the goals to take us straight back to the Premier League, unfortunately things didn't work out for him, Paul Jewell or the rest of us. 

Seems he was fond of his time in Sheffield, but I'm sure Google translate has lost something of the meaning of his Italian. 

"English football, however, has always fascinated me and so when I had the request from Sheffield Wednesday I immediately packed up". 

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/gol-in-sette-nazioni-diverse-ecco-il-giro-del-mondo-di-michele-di-piedi-in-italia-pero-sono-ciucci-e-presuntuosi

3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Peter Atherton. Played and captained team many times but never did anything memorable

Once man marked Steve macmananananaman out of the game at Anfield after guy whittingham scored for us. Giving us a rare win at Liverpool.

Iain Hesford.

I remember when we signed him in the summer of 1983 I thought “wow” we’ve signed England’s U21 keeper.

Was at the Vetch Field for the first game of the 83/84 season and the team ran out and everyone was like “who the fks that in the goalies kit? It was Martin Hodge. The rest is history. What a season that was!!

Hesford ended up never playing a game for us. Just looked at his Wiki and he died in 2014 from a suspected heart attack.

R.I.P Iain. 

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Once man marked Steve macmananananaman out of the game at Anfield after guy whittingham scored for us. Giving us a rare win at Liverpool.

I was in the KOP for that game. So hard to contain myself, I could not help a small yess when we scored. Thought I was gonna get hammered but the scousers were sound.

9 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I was in the KOP for that game. So hard to contain myself, I could not help a small yess when we scored. Thought I was gonna get hammered but the scousers were sound.

I was lucky to be in the away end that day,  I had seen us lose there loads of times before. Great to see us finally get that win.

I was in the Kop the day Wayne Collins scored as I remember away fans were banned, due to ground improvements. At Anfield. Stil a few of us got in, we lost 2-1 as I remember.

Edited by Maddogbob