Happy 80th Milan Mandarić.

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Solid Chairman. Did exactly what he said he'd do.

No ego. No fantasy football. Took advice from good people.

Can't be held accountable for the debacle since he handed over the reigns.

Happy Birthday Sir Milan.

You do love a bit of hyperbole don't you?

If anyone would have offered two top 4 finishes in three years, you'd have snapped their hand off.

Happy Birthday MM.  I was pleased to meet him twice and he was very straghtforward and honest, he said he was here to turn the club round and sell it on, which is exactly what he did. I got a bit emotional the first time when I thanked him for saving the club and as I shook his hand I swear he did too.

5 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Just saying we are still in the same league even though we finished in the playoffs two seasons in a row.

We are.

But again, most people would have taken that when DC first took over.

Hindsight is such an easy thing to use.

MM is a businessman - sure. He bought us when we were down - some would use the word saved. He sold us at a profit - he is honest about that - but he did it in (IMO) the right way. As others have said he could have been more cutthroat, but he is a football man - he may not have been born an owl like us fans, but he can certainly claim to be an adopted owl for those above reasons.

Many Happy Returns Milan

23 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

He had a bit of a controversial reputation and before he took us over he wasn’t someone I would have been remotely happy with as an owner. But when you’re 10 minutes away from going out of business you can’t be too picky. As it turned out he was a good owner and I think we were lucky to have him. OK, he didn’t exactly splash the cash, but the bills got paid and he was never less than candid about the fact it was an investment opportunity for him and that he would look to sell the club once he’d stabilised it. Ultimately, he left us in a far better position than when he took over and I can’t really ask for more than that. What I’ll be forever grateful for is the fact that he didn’t screw us over. He didn’t asset strip us, break the club up and sell it to mysterious offshore trusts, lease the ground back to us at extortionate rates or indulge in any other form of financial chicanery. And when he did eventually  sell us he made sure it was to a buyer who had our best interests at heart. So thank you Milan, as far as I’m concerned you are a friend to SWFC and always welcome back at Hillsborough. And Happy 80th Birthday.

Its was all going so well until I got to this bit.