Sheffield Wednesday: Reach’s verdict on Forestieri’s fight for an Owls starting role

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

It difficult to say that the Top Scorer (and arguably performer) in our 2 play off seasons, needs removing from the team, because of his attitude. And that removal will improve the team.

He wasn't the only player absent through injury, last season,. but his enforced absence last year, didn't appear to do us any favours.

But his absence FROM THE STARING LINE-UP this season has improved the team.

Hasnt it?

57 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

FF and Nuihu are both massively over rated players, but they are also very different too, not just in ability, but key attributes too. 

The difference being, FF is still a decent Championship level player, whereas Nuihu is at best mid table level.

The key however, is that Jos knows what he wants and expects from them, in that Nuihu is much better than FF at playing the specific role that Jos sets him. 

This is how good managers show their true worth, the likes of Warnock, getting a bunch of misfits promoted with Cardiff. If the manager knows the players capabilities, he is better positioned to get a better overall performance out of them for the team. Something FF struggles with. 

Pelupessy is similar to Nuihu, in that he doesn't want loads of freedom, he wants a role and clear instructions and with that he will give his all. 

Said it for a while now - the best managers get you out of this league not necessarily the best players. Warnock proved that 100% last season. Players who know their role and will sweat blood for the cause. Won't work in the prem, of course, but let's worry about that when we get there (predicted this to be our promotion season at the end of last season 9and I guess rightly got told to calm down by some on here) and seen nothing this season to cause me to suggest I am wrong. Genuinely believe we have a gem in Jos. 

30 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

But his absence FROM THE STARING LINE-UP this season has improved the team.

Hasnt it?

Way to early to determine from 3 games, 2 against almost relegation certs. Particularly as they were the narrowest of victories.

If FF remains on the bench (enforced or by selection),and we pick up results (over the next few games), then the evidence becomes stronger.

Until this happens, the best evidence we've got is FF enforced absence last season. We didn't do very well.

Many other factors contributed to our poor season, but it would be absurd to claim that the absence of our Top Scorer from the previous 2 wasn't a major factor.

Only a fool would claim this.

Players giving 100% effort should be the absolute minimum requirement.  Unless there are legitimate reasons not to.

If FF is having ‘off the field’ issues such as a crisis of confidence.  Then the club really isn’t helping itself by keeping this from the fans.

If FF wasn’t giving 100% recently, then he shouldn’t be getting game time at all.  Yet the player has still played in the cup and was involved from the bench in the league games.  Plus FF is frequently our most hard-working player, so I doubt it’s that.

If FF has been dropped for tactical reasons, I’m astounded.  FF is our best player and talisman.

Bizzarre situation really.

18 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Players giving 100% effort should be the absolute minimum requirement.  Unless there are legitimate reasons not to.

If FF is having ‘off the field’ issues such as a crisis of confidence.  Then the club really isn’t helping itself by keeping this from the fans.

If FF wasn’t giving 100% recently, then he shouldn’t be getting game time at all.  Yet the player has still played in the cup and was involved from the bench in the league games.  Plus FF is frequently our most hard-working player, so I doubt it’s that.

If FF has been dropped for tactical reasons, I’m astounded.  FF is our best player and talisman.

Bizzarre situation really.

Don't agree with the bits I've highlighted in bold.

If FF is having any as you put it 'off the field issues' I would say that is something that should only be discussed between himself and the club and not made public knowledge, as going public could possibly worsen any situation.