Sheffield Wednesday: How Marco Matias has won over Owls boss Jos Luhukay

6 hours ago, dan140177 said:

Can’t MM and FF play in the same team then?

Im sure you could. After all Wallace and FF played in the same side many times, with great success.  Marco’s willingness to work under Jos is a credit to both of them. Marco still needs to work on his concentration though. I notice he loses his man for a split second, which is enough for a decent forward to be gone.

However, I think one of MM or FF in the side is what we will see for the most part. Fernando has missed many matches each season, and Marco’s brittleness is the stuff of legends. I expect Jos will use one or other, which makes good sense in many ways.

8 hours ago, Watson said:

Crowbar Abdi into the same lineup, and get them all playing on the same wavelength. 

If Abdi was ever fit, he’d probably play the Reach role. Not like for like, he doesn’t appear to have the running power that Reach has. What he does have though, in the limited appearances I’ve seen, is a sharp brain, and a full range of passing. He’s one of those players that sees passes where most don’t Getting him properly fit though, seems a long way off.

3 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

Why certain?

Because they look our best long term front three. I’m happy with Joao playing where he is for the moment, but he’s a central striker playing wider. As he becomes stronger, he can then lead the line. Matias and Forestieri are our best wide attackers