Sheffield Wednesday: Hooper, Lee and Abdi? Not yet, says Owls boss Jos Luhukay

16 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

As long as I have been a S/T holder, Wednesday have rushed back players, the club took 5 years off the career of players like Mick Prendergast by rushing them back from injury, Hirst and waddle come to mind.

How do you know they were rushed back and not just injury prone ?

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Fair play to lee for trying to get back but even to the most half witted it’s clear he’s done. 

He’ll probably play a few games but maintaining any level of consistent fitness is going to be very difficult.

Along with Abdi, I’ve pretty much discounted him for this season and beyond.

Hooper maybe ok but we really need to replace all three imo...they are starting to assume mythical status. 

Just now, Watson said:

So why don't the club cancel his contract now and save on the medical costs?  

Like I said until it’s impossible obviously they will keep trying , players like Owen Hargreaves for example were the same. Sorry I don’t have the Answers and I’m not purposely upsetting those who thinks he’s about to make a mariculous recovery , but all this ‘when lee is back’ talk is getting silly . If he comes back great, but I’d be very very very surprised if he players another 10 games for us or anybody else at this level 

3 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Like I said until it’s impossible obviously they will keep trying , players like Owen Hargreaves for example were the same. Sorry I don’t have the Answers and I’m not purposely upsetting those who thinks he’s about to make a mariculous recovery , but all this ‘when lee is back’ talk is getting silly . If he comes back great, but I’d be very very very surprised if he players another 10 games for us or anybody else at this level 

So if they can only get another 10 games out of him then it's not really worth the effort should cancel his contract now.  

23 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

"They are not 100 per cent ready," Luhukay said. "Kieran in the last day has has a little bit of a problem. We must have patience."

WTF:

The thing is once he gets fit, how long before he breaks down again? Same with Hooper, Abdi I don’t particularly care about anymore

Losing the faith to be honest, haven’t played since December, smh 

way I see it now is these 3 players are done, we might as well play them in u23s rather than continuing to wrap them in cotton wool ,either they start playing games or sadly they admit that there playing days are over ,how many times now has either hooper,lee,abdi been training then get setbacks?, then another and another ,play them if the pain becomes too much then at least they have tried . there is no magic cure im afraid .

15 hours ago, handworth52 said:

way I see it now is these 3 players are done, we might as well play them in u23s rather than continuing to wrap them in cotton wool ,either they start playing games or sadly they admit that there playing days are over ,how many times now has either hooper,lee,abdi been training then get setbacks?, then another and another ,play them if the pain becomes too much then at least they have tried . there is no magic cure im afraid .

Think Ive worked out your identity.

Are you Portuguese, have you had a hair-transplant, and are you obsessed with BBQs?

I understand your sentiment but every player is unique. Let’s wait and see if a proper patient manager and a proper sports-science team are able to get 20 or more games out of Hooper and Lee, and get Abdi ready willing and able to contribute.

Lets be honest. How many of us had written Matias off? I had. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

If the medical experts of this forum had their way Matias would be...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRJUidJC0Wn8nts39oxHn

It would be a small bottle. 

Have you seen him close up. He's about 3 stone wet through.

Im only jealous. Overweight middle-aged man syndrome.

• Haha 1