Sign in to follow this  
Richard Madeley

Sheffield Wednesday: Hooper, Lee and Abdi? Not yet, says Owls boss Jos Luhukay

I fully trust Jos with the players fitness. If you aren’t 100% fit, you don’t play. Total polar opposite to Carlos! If you don’t have a 100% team ethic, you don’t play! 

He’s been consistent, I’ll definitely give him that. 

• Like 1

Happy with this.

No need to rush them back.

What terrific options to bring on from the bench in the coming weeks. If we can start keeping clean sheets (a long shot at the moment) we could really go places this season.

"They are not 100 per cent ready," Luhukay said. "Kieran in the last day has has a little bit of a problem. We must have patience."

WTF:

8 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

"They are not 100 per cent ready," Luhukay said. "Kieran in the last day has has a little bit of a problem. We must have patience."

WTF:

Are you sure you didn't mis-hear and he said "We must have patients"

• Haha 8

Patience, resting players, making sure they are 100% ready! This is still Sheffield Wednesday right? The Sheffield wednesday i know puts Hutch back in immediately and he goes off injured again after 37 minutes. This organised and sensible Wednesday is scaring me.

• Like 2

Kierans fvcked.

This should just be the normal way of bringing back an injured player! What we have been known to see in the last 3 years is ridiculous. Players would be out for months and then have to play 2/3 times in a week. He’s still easing Fletcher back in who I think fans forget he was out for 8 months. Keep it up Jos. 

None of the three were given an outing the under-23s' 0-0 draw at Coventry City on Monday and the boss says they won't be taking part in next week's U-23 home fixture with Colchester United.

Read more at: https://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/owls/sheffield-wednesday-hooper-lee-and-abdi-not-yet-says-owls-boss-jos-luhukay-1-9333675

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Star News Feed said:

Sheffield Wednesday are delaying the comebacks of a trio of injured players until after the international break.

View the full article..

Abdi,comeback,didn't know he had even started !!!!!

Lets commit to some contracts for Kirby, Penney etc..

We can't lose the future by hoping Abdi (32 soon) and Kieran Lee (30) can turn back the clock

Edited by bigash_swfc

As long as I have been a S/T holder, Wednesday have rushed back players, the club took 5 years off the career of players like Mick Prendergast by rushing them back from injury, Hirst and waddle come to mind.

Palmer's done well this season but I'd love to see Lee back to his original right back position, or wing half.

With his pace and nous, it really would help us in both attack and defence.

We gotta cut out these crosses from wings, as struggle in air at back (new stopper should also help here).  

3 hours ago, Star News Feed said:

Sheffield Wednesday are delaying the comebacks of a trio of injured players until after the international break.

View the full article..

Not dissing the article but just wondered why Star News Feed is quoting from Sheffield Telegraph :picnic:

The beauty of having a big squad and being managed correctly using players at your disposal and not rushing injures ones back and therefore preventing further injury. With good squad management every player gets good game time to stop players getting injured and knocks are also managed so they don’t turn into more damaging injuries 

it also keeps players fresh and sharp 

I like this approach. He even managers the kids well by not playing them 3 times in a week until they are mentally strong enough to do so 

well done jos, squad manager 

11 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Not dissing the article but just wondered why Star News Feed is quoting from Sheffield Telegraph :picnic:

Both have been under the same ownership since the dawn of time. Star was the Evening paper, Telegraph the morning one, Green Un was the Saturday Evening sports paper (sadly missed).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Both have been under the same ownership since the dawn of time. Star was the Evening paper, Telegraph the morning one, Green Un was the Saturday Evening sports paper (sadly missed).

It's a real collectors item is a Utah edition of the Green 'Un. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Aren't they part of the same group? Sheffield star and telegraph?

• Thanks 1